• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaping Tools ( JBL or ADA or Other?)

Andrew C

At the start of lockdown I managed to set up an old nano tank with stuff I had in the loft ( journal and lots more questions to follow!).

I used old ADA Amazonia soil and all the old stuff the only thing that I bought were plants and shrimps.

Now over a month on and I’ve thoroughly caught the bug again! I’m now running a new Co2 set up from CO2 Art, a new Oase filter and have another nano optiwhite tank on the way with an ONF Nano light so it’s fair to say I have started to invest a bit of money into this already.

The plan is too run the two nano tanks and learn as much as I can and then when all this madness is over get something along the lines of a EA Aquscaper 900 which will sit in the hallway of my house.

I have no tools at all and used a pair of eyelash tweezers to plant my carpet of eleocharis and I’m using a small pair of kitchen scissor for trimming.

I want to invest in some nice tools that will be useful for the nano tanks but also on the larger set up when I get it.

Don't mind spending some money if it’s really worth it, I was looking at either getting a selection of JBL tools or spending some serious cash on one pair of ADA Scissors and Pincettes.

I like the fact that both brands have a large selection that I could add to my collection at a later date.

My question is would you guys buy something like the ADA Pro Spring Scissors Curved and Pro Pincettes M or for the same money get a whole selection of JBL tools?

I like using good tools and see them as an investment for the future but don’t want to be spending money just for the brand name on them.

Sorry for rambling on! Anyone that’s used any of these tools would be great to hear your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Get the JBL set, it's truly good quality for the price, which is something I can't say about any other product they make...

To begin with you pretty much only need the straight tweezers (30cm), straight scissors and maybe wave scissors if you're planning on having a carpet. You can get these three tools for half the price of a pair of ADA scissors.

Cheers for the advice, are spring scissors something any of you find useful as well or should I stick to a straight and a wave pair?

I'd always go with ADA after using both the JBL and ADA they just feel better and if money isn't a issue you wont regret spending it I have pinsetts wave scissors and spring scissors and use all three depending on what maintenance I'm doing

Back