• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaping Tools

sdobbers

Seedling
Hey Everyone,

First off, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not. If not, mod's, feel free to move it to the right place. :)

Anyways, I am just getting started with aquascaping and I hear a lot of people mentioning various aquascaping tools (ex. wave scissors, flat scissors, pincettes, etc). I was wondering if someone would be kind of enough to explain to me (and other new people) the differences between these various tools, when they should be used, on what type of plants, etc.

Thanks!

I've bought my scaping tools on Ebay for a nice price... I bought a set with a long scissor with a bend tip en two tweezers; one straight one and one with a bend tip.

Tweezers are very useful when planting small part of (for example) Hemianthus Callitrichoides or plants that need their roots deep into the ground. Also they are very useful to plant on sport where you can't get with your fingers/hands.

The long scissor is very handy when trimming your carpeting plants and/or the plants that are growing on difficult spots.

Mostly the complete sets also includes a spatula, but I personally believe this isn't a very useful tool - just use something like a card of brush of your own and save the money (or invest in quality scissors/tweezers)

When you want to start wit scaping these tools indispensable - it will help you a lot in getting the details of your scape done perfectly.

Back