• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquasoil smell...

AlexH

Hey guys...

The ADA AS is making my living room smell!

Ive done a big water change... will it always be this way :,(?

Thanks

Try large daily water change for several days at least ... it's likely the combination of nitrates/ammonia, mold, bacteria etc that stinks

(think 90% for the first few days if possible)

Everyday?! o_O
it's your house :D

Just see how it goes - as I mentioned, mold/fungus on the soil is unusual (though perhaps TGM will say they observe this frequently with their startup method) - try to gently gather & remove this even if you can't do much of a water change.

Hi all,
Any tips Darrel?
Just keep on changing the water, and add some floating plants. If you get an obvious cyanobacteria outbreak I'd syphon it up, and probably clean the filter media.

Floating plants are very effective filters, have a look at page 8. of "nicpapas"<"My tanks"> thread.
I left from my city for a ~1.5 month , for health problems, in family. A friend care the tanks , only food every 3-4 days.........Shrimp tanks, when i leave there was 2-3 of float plants, and when i came , it was a night mare. Loose a lot of plants, rotala mac, tonina, and erios, but pantanal , grow out of the tank. But i found alive all my shrimps .
DSC_1608_zpsnbyzxysb.jpg

cheers Darrel

Back