• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquatic Magic Reg! Knob Not Turning.

R1ch13

Hey guys.

I have this Aquatic Magic Regulator

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0303417065

Its brand new, ive never used it before but the knob on the front isnt turning.... is it suppost to?

I know i need to set the bar rate to around 1.5 but i cant because this "knob" isnt turning.

It has been suggested to me by fellow members on here that this "knob" may be nothing more than a nut, and that the bar rate is already pre set.

I dont have an FE yet as im still in the buying stages for this set up, so i cant plug it up or anything to see if c02 flows, sorry.

If anyone who has this reg could just help me out by telling me if this "knob" is suppost to turn or not id be most greatful...

Thanks alot

Richie

JAmesM said:
Its fixed, so the knob doesn't turn :)

Don't over tighten that reg too - the cheap nylon washers are easy to destroy.

Ahhh

Thank you man...

Soo all i need to do is fire the Fe once its all rigged up attach diffuser etc and set the bubble rate?

No bar setting or anything?

I guess itll automatically go to around 1.5 -2 bar once the c02 goes through?

Thanks alot

Richie

They're set to around 2.2 bar. So plumb it all up, plug in your solenoid and close the needle valve by turning clockwise. Fire the FE then slowly adjust the needle valve anti clockwise to set the bubble rate.

I wouldn't bother with the bubble counter that comes with that setup though - they leak like mad.

Oh, and don't forget to use a check valve :)

JAmesM said:
They're set to around 2.2 bar. So plumb it all up, plug in your solenoid and close the needle valve by turning clockwise. Fire the FE then slowly adjust the needle valve anti clockwise to set the bubble rate.

I wouldn't bother with the bubble counter that comes with that setup though - they leak like mad.

Oh, and don't forget to use a check valve :)

Thank you very very much bud!

Ive got aload of check valves soo im sorted for them, yeah ive heard about the bubble counter.

Ill find a sub :)

Thank you very very much

Richie

No probs :)

btw, if the solenoid starts to buzz - open her up and stretch the spring slightly or source a better one. I've had two go on me and Aquatic Magic are terrible when things go wrong.

JAmesM said:
No probs :)

btw, if the solenoid starts to buzz - open her up and stretch the spring slightly or source a better one. I've had two go on me and Aquatic Magic are terrible when things go wrong.

Oh no hahha!

Ive heard about the solenoids too...

I think if it all goes to pot ill try injecting 24/7

If not ill source a better Solenoid :)

Thanks yet again man.

Richie

p.s. never fully close a needle valve as you can damage it. close it until there is the slightest resistance without using any force.

Ac

SuperColey1 said:
p.s. never fully close a needle valve as you can damage it. close it until there is the slightest resistance without using any force.

Ac

Thanks alot buddy!

Ill keep that in mind :)

Richie

SuperColey1 said:

Ac

Cor, thanks for the tip!

I've also heard (but might be wrong) that when you're not using (ie storing) a needle valve you should leave it fully open.

M

Back