• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquatic Magic Regulator Solenoid

PM

I have one of the above, been maybe 3-4 months now, and the solenoid just gets louder and LOUDER!

This morning it sounded like a numatic drill going through a brick wall! Then I just turned the power off and on a couple of times and it became a bit more quite. Though it used to be silent, and is now still pretty loud.

Does anyone else have this problem? It's REALLY annoying having that buzzzzzz all the time! :mad:

PM said:
I have one of the above, been maybe 3-4 months now, and the solenoid just gets louder and LOUDER!

This morning it sounded like a numatic drill going through a brick wall! Then I just turned the power off and on a couple of times and it became a bit more quite. Though it used to be silent, and is now still pretty loud.

Does anyone else have this problem? It's REALLY annoying having that buzzzzzz all the time! :mad:

Ive had this problem on a few solenoids.. both that I sent back as faulty. They shouldnt buzz.

YEP! i had this issue with the same reg and sol deal from AM. I had a mare getting it sorted and gave up in the end and removed the solanoid. AM will be willing to take it back but they will want video evidence.

Here's the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygtp8TRueV4

Does anyone have one of these from this ebay seller that DOESN'T make a noise? If so how long have you had it? If they all go like this then I'd be wasting my time and there's getting another one that will do the same after a few weeks.

How comes you gave up Matt? Were they reluctant to replace it?

Thanks

PM said:
Here's the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygtp8TRueV4

How comes you gave up Matt? Were they reluctant to replace it?

Thanks

Na, they were happy to replace it but it was a massive faff, i wasn't in a situation to be messing about videoing, posting and arguing the toss over somthing that was below par from day one, life was easier once i removed it. My BBA when away to ;)

PM said:
I just emailed them
I hate it when things go wrong, I have a stack of faulty cameras and hifi equipment too. Annoying. That buzz is winding me up! :lol:

Take it out :p and leave CO2 on, a lot of people do, if you have many fish in there just turn on an air stone during the night until you get it sorted out ;)

Turn off your co2 from the bottle and wait for the lines to empty, then remove the clip from the back of the solenoid taking the magnet off. You should be left with a pin that has two screws in it, remove these to see the valve and spring inside - try stretching the spring a little and lubricate it with some vaseline. Put it back together and see how she sounds :)

JAmesM said:
Turn off your co2 from the bottle and wait for the lines to empty, then remove the clip from the back of the solenoid taking the magnet off. You should be left with a pin that has two screws in it, remove these to see the valve and spring inside - try stretching the spring a little and lubricate it with some vaseline. Put it back together and see how she sounds :)

Hi, I just tried this and it worked :) though I chose not to put any vaseline in there as in my opinion it would not be a good idea. So now my solenoid is pretty much silent again :)

Ta

PM said:
JAmesM said:

Hi, I just tried this and it worked :) though I chose not to put any vaseline in there as in my opinion it would not be a good idea. So now my solenoid is pretty much silent again :)

Ta

thats cool :) nice one JamesM

PM said:
BTW, this is only a very short term solution - mine is quite bad again, its been about a week! :(

Will have to do the same again, though I reckon the fix time will decrease, as keep stretching the spring will eventually make it weaker.
Yup, same happened to me actually. I used a replacement spring I got from a ball point pen though. Seems much better now.

Back