Aquatic Magic Solenoid

Joecoral

For those of you who have the aquaticmagic reg and solenoid, where did you get the adapter so you can plug it into a UK power supply? do you need one which converts the voltage, or a simple 2-pin to 3-pin convertor? could anyone possibly show me a link to somewhere that sells a suitable product?
JC :)

ceg4048

Expert/Global Moderator
Staff member
Joe,
You can chop the end off and do standard wiring to a UK plug or you can get a plug in adapter for a few quid at Homebase or B&Q.

Cheers,

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Or just stick a pencil into the third hole of the socket and plug it in, thats what I do with euro plugs LOL

Joecoral

sorry, it's a US 2-pin plug, not euro 2-pin, meaning it doesnt fit a shaver adapter. will cutting off the plug and wiring into a UK plug still work, as there is a difference in the voltage or something is there not?

aaronnorth

it does, i use a shaver adapter.

the difference is that it doesnt have an earth pin which makes it safer. you just wire the neautral & live up if you are going to fit your own.

JamesM

Argos.co.uk - number 982/1352. 2 for £2.99.

Takes us style flat pins and euro round pins. No voltage difference on these as Malaysia uses 220-240v too.

Joecoral

oh, ok, cool! I have a shaver adapter plug in the house already, or I can get one from wilko for less than £1 if not
thanks a lot guys for clearing that up :D
JC

Ed Seeley

If you want a more permanent and professional looking adaptor then you can buy them for all foreign plugs, including those with transformers (like European JBL solenoids) from Euronetwork. I've bought them from them a few times and they deliver very quickly too. Personally I'd go with one of these over a shaving adaptor any day as they fix onto the euro-plug making a permanent fix. I found with the shaving adaptors I was forever knocking them part way out and turning them off!

Joecoral

Ed Seeley said:
Personally I'd go with one of these over a shaving adaptor any day as they fix onto the euro-plug making a permanent fix.

This would work with a US 2-pin plug same as euro plug then?