• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquatic Magic

davidcmadrid

Hi,

I hope this is the appropriate place , it seems the best fit. I am wondering if anybody has recently bought items from Aquatic Magic. I have sent 2 emails to them looking for into with no response , I also notice a lot of negative feedback for them bunched recently on ebay ( to be fair there is also positive and why they are just inside the benefit of doubt ). Im about to give up on buying stuff from them ,, what is your experience are they slow but dependable or is this out of character and has something gone wrong ? I posted here asking a question but i notice they have not visited this forum since May.

I've had good and bad experiences with them but their communications were always good. Maybe this is just an isolated incident.

They are slow in responding and stuff to arrive but overall I had some good experiences with them and some not so good.

I would not buy plants however has they take too long in the post and most will not survive, although some have more robust plants like some mosses did manage to survide but have taken about 4-5 months to show any decent growth.

Their glassware and other items have been fine for me, although there have been some reports of what are in the photos on the item for sale are not always what you get through the post, does the same job but a little different and sometimes not as nice looking design from the photos.

davidcmadrid said:
Thank you. Sounds like ill give it a miss, i have also come across this site here
http://www.aquaristic.net/shop.php/sid/efb32739ae3b6d5119463d0062209e44/cl/start/tpl/-/lang/1 The prices on it are about 30% of my local fish shop , seems to good to be true. E.g a 5L bottle of aquatan is 130 euros but with these guys is 25 plus shipping.

A lot of people used to buy off them, they are very good, just the exchange rate is not as good as it used to be before, its was even cheaper just over a year ago. Only heard good things about them though.

LondonDragon said:
davidcmadrid said:
Thank you. Sounds like ill give it a miss, i have also come across this site here
http://www.aquaristic.net/shop.php/sid/efb32739ae3b6d5119463d0062209e44/cl/start/tpl/-/lang/1 The prices on it are about 30% of my local fish shop , seems to good to be true. E.g a 5L bottle of aquatan is 130 euros but with these guys is 25 plus shipping.

A lot of people used to buy off them, they are very good, just the exchange rate is not as good as it used to be before, its was even cheaper just over a year ago. Only heard good things about them though.
paulo,
i think he lives in spain,so no exchange rate for him ;)

Thanks guys for giving me feedback ( i couldnt really find anything searching the web ) on them im in Spain so the exchange isnt a problem for me. I quite honestly cant believe the mark up in the local fish shop. Their p an p is reasonable too it would appear especially as its a fixed cost up to 30 Kilos.

They make a caution on sending plants but i reckon well packed plants can survive 2 / 3 days if well bagged?

Once again thanks.

ps im in the middle of sorting out a " jungle " as soon as my 180L is presentable ill post some photos ( i just " discovered aqua scaping a few weeks ago ) and also about to gut a dormant 70 L as a start from scratch project. UKAPS and Tom Barr rock :D

Back