• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquavitro pipe set - any thoughts?

Chuunofish

HI,

Am thinking of purchasing a set of Aquavitro pipes for my current tank a Juwel Rio 350, ( I know, not the prettiest starting point but I am planning on replacing it in around 18 months) for a few reasons:

1. They look like they will fit through the cut outs without the need for cutting up the aquarium and lids
2. I am too clumsy for glass
3. Cheaper plastic sets will scratch and discolour over time, stainless should last a lifetime
4. They look beautifully made (or is that just the marketing images)?

The skimmer version is an eye watering £129 so was wondering if anyone has experience of them (+ve or -ve) and are they worth the premium over the cheaper stainless versions.

Thanks & Regards,

Just my personal opinion but I wouldn't pay that for them ( or any other set really), if you want steel then aquarium gardens do a set for £89 Blau Steel Lily Pipe with Surface Skimmer Inflow and Outflow 16mm and they can be found cheaper.

For me after using them for a while now i would recommend the aquario neo flow, they are made of PETG so very strong, look great and don't look bulky etc in tank Aquario Premium Neo Flow L -17 mm

+1

Can't speak for fitting around lids etc as my tank is rimless, but very happy with mine, they look sleek, with no risk of glass breakage

The outlet skimmer works (i.e. it removes the surface film), and seems a lot less 'bulky' than the inlet skimmer design, which would be a consideration for small aquariums?

Back