• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia 35l low tech kitchen tank

mlgt

I decomissioned my old Arcadia 20l tank and decided to salvage what I could from previous scapes and used up a few pieces of rock that I had stored and most of the pieces of wood.

I wanted to create a simple scape with wood cascading from the rock and keep simple plants like java fern and my new favourite plant the Hygrophila pinnatifida.

During the course of this scape I will be adding more mini ferns/bolbitis and mosses I have collected over the years.

Heres a few pics. I am somewhat happy, but as most tanks go it will evolve :)

This was the start of the scape.

Wasnt too sure so I played around a little more.

This is the end result.
145362.jpg

145360.jpg

Here is the tank full with water.

Nov13128.jpg

I agree about the background...but that will look great when it's grown in a little. Have you thought about some moss for the bottom of the rocks?

I am going to change it by painting something with a sky blue effect. The cables are hidden behind and limited for space.

I am taking out the pelia and will be replacing with some coral pelia or zipper moss. This will make the scape a more intricate one. Also the bolbitis will be replaced with mini bolbitis and possibly some Crepidomanes auriculatum.

Back