• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia CS60F, mini review.

OllieNZ

Hi All,
A quick review of the Arcadia CS60F LED luminaire. As I don't have the new tank this is going on yet I have just popped it over my current tank for a quick functional test and some pics. I'll update this once It is in its proper home.
The unit
IMG_1088_zpseaf1b9af.jpg
End view which shows the slot for hanging
IMG_1090_zps7e632f6f.jpg
The extendable legs. These are pretty flimsy on full extension and also pull all the way out which is good for hanging.
IMG_1091_zpsba9fe2e4.jpg
The underside showing the LEDs themselves. They are covered with a piece of plastic that slides out for easy cleaning.
IMG_1093_zps92d5cf66.jpg
The power brick. One switch for the main LEDs and one for the moonlights
IMG_1087_zps1460d284.jpg
The Main LEDs on
IMG_1085_zps3ae8fc62.jpg
And as a comparison the main tank light which is 1x54w t5ho 6500k
IMG_1086_zps6335f37c.jpg

Overall I'm happy with the unit It seems well put together. The light coverage is good it covers the 45cm depth of the tank well. The legs could do with being a bit beefier but the unit is very light and shouldn't stress the legs even on full extension it's more of a "feel" thing really. It is also non dimmable but it would have been nice to be able to put the moonlight and main light on separate timers.

That's pretty good for the money. Nice greens, decent coverage. Daylight in tone.

Have a google for them this size unit has an msrp of £70 but I picked it up for £56 with free shipping

Back