• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Arcadia overtank luminaire 4 x T5 24w, have you got one?

andyh

Member
Joined
1 Jan 2009
Messages
1,921
Location
Derby
I have a chance to buy a 4 x 24w t5 (the older version not the OL2 super thin one.)

Can anyone tell me the depth of the actual light unit? as i am limited on the size of unit and can accommodate.

Also can anyone tell me the total height with the legs on from the rim of the tank to the top of the light.

I really would appreciate the help b4 going spending my money on something that wont fit.

This is the model i am talking about:

http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/ ... p-641.html
 

Mark Evans

Expert
Joined
13 Jun 2008
Messages
6,484
Location
newark notts.
the unit itself is about 60 cm. from the rim to the light is about 10cm 15cm in all. thats of the top of my head....i did measure and thats about right.

great things, even the older ones.
 

andyh

Member
Thread starter
Joined
1 Jan 2009
Messages
1,921
Location
Derby
saintly said:
the unit itself is about 60 cm. from the rim to the light is about 10cm 15cm in all. thats of the top of my head....i did measure and thats about right.

great things, even the older ones.

So if i deduce correctly the light is only 5cm high.

Do you reckon i could stand it on top of a 24 x 12 x12 without the legs if i put some sort of retaining pins in place to stop it dropping in the tank.

By the way popped into maidenhead the other week and saw your tank, very impressive. Are you doing the new bigger one to the left of yours?

Andy
 

Mark Evans

Expert
Joined
13 Jun 2008
Messages
6,484
Location
newark notts.
andyh said:
So if i deduce correctly the light is only 5cm high.

yep, 6cm i think.

andyh said:
Do you reckon i could stand it on top of a 24 x 12 x12 without the legs if i put some sort of retaining pins in place to stop it dropping in the tank.

at your peeril mate. i wouldnt recommend anything that isnt safe, but if you think it's safe to do so, then thats fine....common sense prevails

andyh said:
By the way popped into maidenhead the other week and saw your tank, very impressive.

thanks my friend. the smaller scape is over now.

andyh said:
Are you doing the new bigger one to the left of yours?
it is, easier to grow plants, and i'm having problems with it..... :lol: due to the shear size i'm having co2 distribution problmes, but were over coming them now. The crypts ferns and anubias are going through the whole old to new growth thing....something i'm not use to on such a big scale. in an ideal world i'd like to teach the staff what to do so i can forget about it,...that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

what did you reckon BTW?
 
Top