• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia Stretch Best Practice Use

Craig Marshall

Seedling
Hi,

I've just ordered a second unit and wondered on what the best approach is, I dont use a timer and am not too bothered about having dimmed lights at night.

My question is should I keep both lights on on both units during the day, I am concerned that the spectrum of the low lights may be doing more harm than good.

If you have a planted tank it's always a good idea to have your lights on a timer; a regular photoperiod is good for plant growth and helps with the battle against algae amongst other things...6 to 8 hrs is the norm.
Whether or not you keep both lights on during the day largely depends on the type of tank you have, e.g. low or high energy - which roughly equates to low and high light respectively.
I don't think you really need to worry about spectrum too much, it's different to intensity and duration and colour temperature...and besides Arcadia claim that the Stretch is optimised for aquatic plant growth.
So to sum up you need to determine the light duration and intensity required by your tank.

Thanks for the tips, I've set the tank up with two 23w light strips with all four lights on for 8 hours per day and the plants appear to be doing well so far.

Back