• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are Hygrophila balsamica really poisonous to tank inhabitants?

faizal

Hi ...i was wondering if the above plant is really poisonous to fishes & shrimps if we plant it directly into the tank in its emmersed leaf form?

I just planted them into my new low tech tank yesterday....i dont have any shrimps or fishes in my tank yet because it's still cycling,....so should i remove them from my tank and do a large water change when i am about to add fish?

Any inputs is most valued....:)

The immersed variety are supposedly non poisonous,....and they are so beautiful. I didn't expect my supplier to send me the emmersed type though,...

I think you're supposed to wait until it's become totally adapted to life under water and growing in its fully immersed form before adding critters. http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/details.php?id=137
Cheers Troi...wow...thats gonna take forever...hmmm...well i guess i need to take it out then....
Such a shame ....maybe i will put it into a small tank & co2 it up to fast forward its conversion...and then transplant it back into the non co2 once its fully converted....

Back