• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are Salt Baths Effective?

Just to add, not sure if this has any relevance but might be worth noting. The guy who runs my LFS who is also a renowned Discus breeder before he opened his own shop said the only meds he recommended for fungus, finrot, white spot and most bacterial infections was the Interpet ones.

Also adding a vote for Interpet treatments :thumbup: Learned that their products are effective the hard way unfortunately following a few outbreaks over recent years. Particularly fungus and fin rot, white spot and disease away treatments. I won’t bad mouth other brands but it’s up to everyone to come to their own conclusions.

Good news about the fry, not so good for mum though... Any joy finding her?

No joy with the female. I deliberately let the tank get weedy so there was plenty of safe havens for her and the fry so not sure if she died in the tank. The fry are still here and seem quite happy, all the other fish appear to be feeding and not shedding so I'm hoping the worming as worked and stopped treating. Only issue I have now is the second female is getting a bit of hassle now I'm down to two males and one female, hopefully they don't stress her too much until these fry grow a bit and take the pressure off. Going to do a large water change and clip out today now the fry maybe aren't as fragile. I doubt I'll come across the body of the female if she did die in the tank as I have lots of shrimp and they probably stripped her. Not sure if a second worming treatment may be required just in case the dead female released any parasites to look for a new host.

Back