• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are there any laws for posting fish/shrimp?

castle

Simply, I bought some shrimp online, they've posted them second class a few days ago. I still haven't received the shrimp, and I'm really very unhappy about this. Not unhappy that I don't have them, more at the time they're spending in post. In my eyes, they're in a box with depleting oxygen, fluctuating temperatures and at the mercy of Royal Mail.

Any ideas of how I could report this seller? I bought them off eBay.

I dont know if you can but I would definitely leave them bad feed back that is not acceptable did you pay the postage for them

Always ship livestock Next day delivery! worth paying the extra £9 for it! If the shrimp are packaged well they should be fine 2-3 days!

Did they offer your next day delivery? or you chose second class?

Last edited:
Shipping was a flat rate, quite high so assumed next day - similar price to other sellers, and never even thought to check. Now I don't doubt the shrimp should be fine but it's a bit off in my view.
Additionally, live animals should come with a delivery date and timeslot.

It'll be negative feedback regardlesss, checking RM postage was around £1 less than needed for special delivery. I've bought shrimp before online, and they would only post RM special delivery.

Simply, I bought some shrimp online, they've posted them second class a few days ago.

Has the supplier confirmed that your shrimp have actually been shipped? Do you have something in writing, e.g. an email?

JPC

It’s against RM own policy to ship live fish but I think they accept shrimp and I agree they should of been sent next day special delivery
I hate Ebay for this reason a lot of people choose to look at the cheapest listings which is fine but not when it comes to live animal delivery
The problem is eBay doesn’t give a blahblahblahblah
and no one dares to take them on with their deep pockets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invertebrates are not covered under The Animal Welfare Act 2006 s. 1 (1). Fish might be because they have spines.

Well, a minor update: I accept blame for not reading the listing, I just assumed incorrectly. Shrimp all arrived absolutely fine, but 4 days after ordering, 3 days after posting. I just find that unacceptable.

The seller is desperate for positive feedback, where I have given them a neutral. They've offered to refund the postage costs, but that's not really what I'm after.

Shrimp all arrived absolutely fine
At least thats good news :) but they should always send livestock next day delivery ;)

I recently bought 10 blue velvet shrimps from an eBay seller called “niceshrimps”, and they came via RM Special Delivery 1pm, very well packaged and all healthy. And excellent colouration too.

Got some ebay Amano's from a seller called "shrimpsworld" very happy with the delivery. Sold as "medium size" and there bloody massive too, would love to see one of his XL's which he has a separate listing for. They did take 4 days to arrive but it took him 3 days to actually post them so was only a day in transit. They perked up and stated grazing almost immediately.

I am going to other types from him too.

Back