• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are These Cherry Shrimp

I may be horribly wrong but they look like some Caridina to me rather than Neocaridina (which Cherries are)... I must say I have never seen Caridina of that colour but they somewhat remind me of the Caridina Cntonensis - albeit with a wierd colour..

Low quality snow white / golden bee. Or just stressed during transit and yet to get the colour back ;)
Yep, that was my thought - Snow Whites came to mind straight away. Albeit, I have never seen them being so pinkish colour. Caridina that is, then?

They were marked up as cherry Shrimp in the shop and I thought they don't look like cherry to me. So I asked what they were and they confirmed they were cherries so I thought at £5.50 for 5 I would give them a go. If they are some kind of Caridina will they be all right with my Cherry Shrimp?

Jeff

Caridina nd Neocaridina (Cherries) do not interbreed. And although Caridina are more demanding, Neocaridina is fairly easy (unless you have intensively bread strains). So, I do not see any problems at all - providing your tank water is not too hard (I am going from the assumption that your new shripms are some strain of Snow Whites or such - they do ot like too hard water generally).

How are the shrimp? Have they changed colour at all? I have heard some people say that cherry shrimp can go "milky" if stressed or sick, which is what it looks like in the first pic.

Back