• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are these LEDs any use?

James D

I've just found these in the warehouse and I can have them if I want, are they suitable for lighting my tank though if I build them into a luminaire? I haven't got any info on them apart from whats on the cardboard below. They probably aren't any good but I thought it was worth asking as they're just lying around. They are bright though!

83e7.jpg

bjyq.jpg

pdqq.jpg

they look ok to be fair. colour rendition is 6500k. they produce 40 lumens per unit (in comparison to cree which produces around 80-100. I would say its worth a shot as its a freebie!

Here is some info i dug out http://sloanled.com/sign-and-architectural/downloads/DataSheet-VLPlus-Metric.pdf

Actually reading up on them they are naff. ill take them off your hands! :p on a serious note if you get any spare let me know ;)

Cheers for that, I'll see if I can do something with them. Unfortunately there aren't any more, the supplier sent them in as a sample. :)

Good stuff. I've got a few ideas about how a unit might look (I design acrylic displays for a living) I'm more concerned about mounting them appropriately etc.

I assume they'd need to be enclosed to keep any evaporating water away from them? They've got really strong tape on the back of them so they could probably be stuck onto a panel in any configuration I like.

Care to share your ideas Alastair? :)

Back