• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are these standard or HO T5?

Ajm200

Hi.

I'm a newbie on the site and looking for some advice. I'll soon be setting up my first large planted tank. It will be custom built 5x2x2ft with a wooden hood. I'm looking at lighting it with 2x double T5 HO units (maybe with reflectors). I'm new to all of this and I've been looking at these

http://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/t5- ... -2543.html

Are they T5 HO? (I hope they are as they are cheaper than Lfs suggested and would mean that I can hopefully afford Eco complete substrate instead of manado).

Will 4 x 54w give me enough light for medium light plants? I believe the tank is about 425l with about 75l of substrate so realistically less than 350l of usable tank to be lit.

I hope you'll forgive me if this is a dumb question. All of my other tanks came with lighting pre-fitted.

Thanks

Thanks for replying.. I've looked at the glo units at the lfs. They are way more there than on the site you have quoted. Unfortunately they won't fit on my planned tank as it has an enclosed hood (essential as I have toddlers who love to feed all-sorts to the fish. The fish in my river reef recently had the addition of a Ferrari matchbox car to 'drive' around their carefully planted tank)

I was using their length/wattage to guesstimate that the ones on my link are t5ho. I've mailed the sites to ask but had no reponses so far. DH likes to look at the tanks but has no idea of cost and is having kittens at how much I'm spending on a 'bunch of weed and a few quids worth of fish :) .

Sorry just looked at that link properly and can see it isn't the glo system I'd seen at the lfs. Thanks so much you've just saved me loads of money. Brilliant!!!

That and the link for cheap t5ho bulbs makes the 12 bags of eco substrate I need fall within budget... Sooooo happy now :)

Back