• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Are you in to landscaping as much as aquascaping?

TDI-line

My wife has the green fingers, but i've just scaped out a little section of the garden with just Alpines, and a couple of ornamental trees, and some slate Iwagumi style. I'll take some pics soon, unless i kill these too. ;)

Ed Seeley

Big gardener, used to be my job before teaching.

Here's a few pics...
Ariseama costatum
IMG_0040.jpg

Echium pininana
IMG_0037.jpg

Ariseama consanguineum
IMG_0056.jpg

Dactylorrhiza majalis
IMG_0044.jpg

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
With the help of Jeremy gay i've just dug a 1600 gallon pond with a 12 meter river flowing through the garden into the pond. The landscape will be very Japanese and i can really see myself getting into landscaping, not so much traditional gardening but i love to work with rocks, wood and gravel.

zig

I have designed and completed (hardscaped etc) several gardens. The first one I ever did from scratch was my own backgarden, I removed 7 skip loads of the old back garden, spent loads of money and completely re designed it, but now several years later I dislike it , I think its the aquascaper in me that wants me to change it, I feel I could always do better with the next tank/garden, so I will redeseign it one of these days and change it. But I have done several more gardens for other people which from a design point of view have really worked well IMHO and have stood the test of time.

Although I don't like gardening, the maintainance side is a pain, its the design aspect that interests me.

Mark Evans

Expert
i've recently ventured into the garden more.

like arron, i couldnt stand it, but now i look at the whole thing different now im into aquascaping. the garden is just an exstention of the aquarium. or is it the other way around? ;) ....old chinese proverb.

Ed Seeley

Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
lovely Pitchers Ed :)

Thanks mate, but they're not pitchers!!!! They are Cobra lilies, related to Arum lilies and Crypts.

Or maybe you just meant pictures... :lol:

Ed Seeley said:
Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
lovely Pitchers Ed :)

Thanks mate, but they're not pitchers!!!! They are Cobra lilies, related to Arum lilies and Crypts.

Or maybe you just meant pictures... :lol:

oh cool! no i did mean pitchers :)

jwrage

My dad is very into gardening and I used to be. When I was 2/3 I appeared on gardeners world with Jeff Hamilton and got a nice little lawnmower, badge, and special lifetime membership to some sort of society which I can't remember the name of.

I don't think gardening as fun as aquascaping and keeping a fish tank.

I think it's because having a fish tank makes me feel like God over the inhabitants :twisted: lol

James

GreenNeedle

I love a nice garden and moving into this wreck of a house (and garden) has given me the perfect opportunity of starting from scratch. The garden is 72ft x 18ft

Was like a disused scrap of land with 6ft grass last December!!!!

It is now pretty level with a small fence (made from some old pallets) seperating the 3m x 3m Compost Heap<--------- :lol: this is actually true!!! This will be a veggie patch next year but at the moment houses all the scrap that came out of and from the garden.

Is taking time though on a very tight budget of virtually £0.

So far I've reseeded a 2m diameter ex-firepatch dug out a gravel patio (made from all the natural limestone rock that was dug from the 'compost heap' area and then chipped into small pieces with a hammer) and have dug a border along one side of the garden.

Am aiming for a traditional English Cottage Garden with wild type flowers like poppies and lupins. Will look very 'busy' and should be very colourful.

Maybe get it finished by 2015. lol

andy