• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arrghhh! Regulator won't fit onto extinguisher.

maj74

That'll teach me for feeling pleased with myself.

Secured a CO2Art regulator from ebay. Dual stage, for much less than new price - felt good :)

Arrived today, to find that it won't fit onto the extinguisher.

On this regulator, the connecting shank /bolt screws directly into the BACK of the body of the regulator, not the side.

The thread is fine, but the shank of the main fitting is so short that the regulator won't rotate onto the extinguisher because of the shoulder of the extinguisher.

Looking at the CO2 Art website, makes me think this is an older regulator, and I may now know why they changed the design.

Anything I can do? Can you get an extender?

Some countries use a different standard thread size for CO² bottles. I believe the UK FI bottle also uses the German Standard DIN 477 nut.

But you do not specify your location nor the location you bought the regulator from. For example if you bought a Belgium regulator or have such a FI it might have a different thread.

But once you know which thread you have there will always be an adapter available to make it fit. And yes extenders are also available but you still need to know the correct thread sizes from both bottle and regulator.

Last edited:
It's on!

It was partly me being stupid. The nut fitting on the back that actually attaches between the regulator and the extinguisher is not 'fixed' into the regulator and unscrews really easily, and at first I couldn't work out how to screw it onto the extinguisher without unscrewing it from the regulator at the same time.

The nut is a little tight on the connector, which means it turns and undoes the regulator bit. I have now managed to work out how to turn one without turning the other, however the connector is still not quite as 'tight' in the back of the regulator as I would like. I may try some threadlock to fix it more securely, if for no other reason than to ensure it doesn't leak!

Thanks for the help all.

Back