• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AS Amazonia vs Eco-complete?

Wayney

The thing is that I can get 3 20lb bags of Eco-complete from my lfs for £59.97 but to get the equivalent in AS would be £83.97 on the old c/c. So I suppose my Q is, Is the AS really worth the extra £££ in the long run or am I just being a
*Tight Git*? :lol:

Never used the Eco complete but I'd never look further than AS after using it on two tanks. IMHO, it's the best substrate, period.

Me been awkward (as usual) chose to go with eco-complete for my planted shrimp tank. ;) It's cheaper and much nicer looking than AS, and odds are the difference in plant growth between the 2 is smaller than the difference in price. :lol: But then I have rampant plant growth in my DIY plant substrate as well. :D

I'd say go with the one you like best, then you only have yourself to blame. :p

Ade

After a lot of deliberation I've decided to go down the AS route and to 'hell' with my bank account :lol: :lol:
Now all I've got to decide is whether to get 3 or 4 bags.... hmmmmmmm what to do, what to do :?

I got my 2 bags of AS this morning,the old c/c would only allow me to get 2 :twisted: , and I've gotta say that I dont think i'll need much more of it - maybe another 3ltr bag-. After levelling it out it's 2-3" at the front and at least 6" at the back.

P.s. Gotta say a big thankyou to Richard from AE for his e-mail suggesting that I should get the regular amazonia instead of amazonia II because of the dust issues. So Richard, Thankyou and *YOU DA MAN* 8) 8)

Back