• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AS600 - Jade

The Jebao SLW - 10 is fairly small, can be turned right the way down.

It’s very inexpensive.

It’s not App controlled but has a manual controller.

To me that would seem like the perfect pump for you?

I think you’re completely over playing this mate.

Just find a pump that suits your needs and use it. There are many out there, a few have been recommended already.

It comes across as though you’re looking for this magic solution that unfortunately doesn’t exist in this hobby.

Best of luck to you.

You're free to think that. You're also free to not read my threads where at least one recurring theme is me complaining on the amount of useless features and 'solutions' that are a staple of this hobby. Many of them expensive and worthless.

Actually, I think this all came out of how I couldn't find a small circulation pump that suited my needs...

If a fixed output streamer at around 500-600 l/h (or at least a control scheme that isn't corner cutting or needs my mobile phone to work), and a magnet mount is 'a magic solution', I dare say I might have a point.

The Jebao SLW - 10 is fairly small, can be turned right the way down.

It’s very inexpensive.

It’s not App controlled but has a manual controller.

To me that would seem like the perfect pump for you?

Still contemplating having a go at it, though. I might just do it since I'm already 2 pumps down, and why stop now.
;)

I must admit that I have had a similar issue finding small pumps. My smallest tank is 12 litres and everything either took up half the tank or blew the water out the other side! That tank currently has the crappiest internal filter I could find, stuffed with dense foam to reduce flow! I did find an adjustable 250l/h one on Amazon which would have been ideal but the suction cups are rubbish. It's now powering a small waterfall in an exo-terra.
I've not come across magnet mounts before, anything has to be better than suction cups!

I must admit that I have had a similar issue finding small pumps. My smallest tank is 12 litres and everything either took up half the tank or blew the water out the other side! That tank currently has the crappiest internal filter I could find, stuffed with dense foam to reduce flow! I did find an adjustable 250l/h one on Amazon which would have been ideal but the suction cups are rubbish. It's now powering a small waterfall in an exo-terra.
I've not come across magnet mounts before, anything has to be better than suction cups!

The aquarium industry is made up of juggaloos that are still asking themselves: 'Magnets? How do they work?'

Anyway, I ran a 12 liter tank with a topless Eheim skimmer stuffed with foam. Worked fine but needed very frequent cleaning. I think I saw @George Farmer do it, and stole the idea.

Small quality pumps/filters are few and far between. The smallest Aquaclear powerheads can use a small sponge (frequent cleaning again), are adjustable, but with suction cups, alas. They do have a cradle to hang on the edge of a rimless tank, but vibration noise can be an issue then. Even the smallest would take up too much space in a 12 L though...
My experience with those are good, regardless.

Hi all,
........ where at least one recurring theme is me complaining on the amount of useless features and 'solutions' that are a staple of this hobby. Many of them expensive and worthless......
You are talking my <"sort of language">
but the suction cups are rubbish. It's now powering a small waterfall in an exo-terra.
I'd like to say <"they suck">, but unfortunately <"they don't">.

cheers Darrel

Problem with a lot of The Holy Revered Suction Cups of The Industry is that they're not usable for the long run. Yeah, you can revive some of them for an ever shortening period with boiling water, with diminishing results; but most are not rubber, but softened plastic: once the softener has dissipated/evaporated you end up with a hard shell, and you're forced to buy new ones.
It's a non-solution that needs to end.
Not even getting into the environmental cost here at all...

Small update. And another crap phone pic to show progress. Still quite a bit of oily surface scum, but plant growth is pretty massive from Nymphea and Aponogetons. The Echinodorus have not moved one bit, maybe taking its sweet in vitro time... if it doesn't pick up soon, maybe it will just have to go...
Neons seem to have a swell time. Thinking of company for mr Oto, and maybe some apistos once things have settled a bit.
Happy with it so far.
20230812_152629.jpg

I also have a 12 litre tank and I'm using at US$5 usb pump. 100% agree on the quality of the suction cups but it does the job even if not securely attached to the tank sides Would be interested a DIY mounting solution for the pump if anyone can come up with one. .

So. Been off the gas for some months now, and it's a smooth ride. Have a bit of green thread algae, it doesn't go away but also it doesn't really spread. Easy maintenance, just what the doc ordered.
Growth is slow but steady. Being a sloth with ferts but trying to get on point. Lo tec appreciation from me, things doesn't veer out of control if you turn your back.

A few shots with an actual camera. Amazed at how hard it is to get decent lights on tank shotso_O
2Z7A4244.JPG

Reflections galore.

2Z7A4239.JPG

Shrimp making a world class poo

2Z7A4228.JPG

Another shrimp doing dog knows what

2Z7A4218.JPG

Detail (amazed at the detail level once you start to pull them out from an original murky shot!)

2Z7A4218a.JPG

Geez! Amazing Macros :woot: ... You're incredibly talented at this. Thomas, I can't remember if I asked what software you're using for post processing?

Cheers,
Michael

Well, thanks😊
You'd be amazed how little I process my images. Of course, some of the above have been brightened a bit, and some cropping. But generally, I do very little post processing; mainly because I'm utterly clueless as to what works and how🤣
I use the Canon software Digital Photo Professional (comes with camera), and occasionally, if I want to feel really dumb, import .raws into Gimp for some fancy pant stuff. That is usually the point where I want to jump off a tall building...🐒

Back