• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AS900- restart and rethink.

Looks great mate does the moss just slowly spread as i was unsure of this as want to keep tight in wood ?

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Thanks Dean, I think so yes, if not spread then it'll branch out and I can continue to tie it down. I've been a bit rough with the trimming by ripping pieces off with my hands that don't sit flush to the wood in the hope it'll go horizontal.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Looking super crisp and clean. Can you tell me what the green stem plant is in the third pic please? Sorry if it’s mentioned in an earlier post. Thanks Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking super crisp and clean. Can you tell me what the green stem plant is in the third pic please? Sorry if it’s mentioned in an earlier post. Thanks Chris

Thanks Chris, as @Jayefc1 says it's hemianthus micranthemoides a new stem for me but I'm liking it so far.

Thanks Chris, as @Jayefc1 says it's hemianthus micranthemoides a new stem for me but I'm liking it so far.

Thanks both, looks really nice.
I bought some HZ thinking it might look like this but so far it’s much larger leaved and more leggy. I do have relatively low light though so may be part of the problem.
Will look into getting some Hemianthus micranthemoides and giving it a go
Cheers
Chris

Hi Sam how's the tank coming along mate
Hi Jay, coming along OK I think, to be honest I've taken my foot off the gas with all the issues with the fish, been doing daily (when I can) water changes to try and sort that problem. In the meantime I've grown a little unwanted bba on the edges of my anubias, due to the gas not being high enough after tweaking the lights.
It's just on the anubias at the moment so turned up the gas gave the filter a clean and hopefully nip it in the bud.

Lights are on 75% now, I've added a little Hairgrass to the front which is spreading nicely, the monte carlo is finally playing ball and spreading from the tiniest of pieces in several places around the foreground. I've added some rotala orange juice to the back that I had spare, just to see what I think.
Crypts are doing great, really love those plants, the fissidens attached to the small rocks is doing well (if not a magnet for muck)
Pinnatifida is growing well for me in this scape, struggled with it before TBH, I have been snapping bits off it here and there when I walk past and its branching out and staying small.

Soil is still a pain, not sure if I've missed loads of holes in the rock work or my Amanos are sadists. Changed the sand again, after all it is a tiny bit going back in.

All in all I'm enjoying it, ferts are working nicely now, the H'ra needs a trim just gotta man myself up to hacking it about with poor trimming skills
62de1d821efa5058851ab43b5a454613.jpg
1844594348b7296fcb6bfbe4ac295943.jpg
0744908e0fc9ea042d6f945026fcf5b0.jpg
82d22fc4b5c3ea7f0f6b77343f4e5c97.jpg
6923b2adfdc9fc74c2918683b69cb1b2.jpg
aac0abbb47cd8bd2630040fddff15f23.jpg
6407f8a90794e4bc055e4465f309376e.jpg

Wow looking excellent mate great growth

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Looking really nice mate does need a trim though to get the bushy lush thick growth trim about 2 3rds down the stem so its below the rock line you can just chop it all in one go as long as your scissors are sharp the hemianthus micranthemoides i just trim to a even hight it grows back so fast you will be able to get a nice shape when it start to sprout all the new shoots

Looking really nice mate does need a trim though to get the bushy lush thick growth trim about 2 3rds down the stem so its below the rock line you can just chop it all in one go as long as your scissors are sharp the hemianthus micranthemoides i just trim to a even hight it grows back so fast you will be able to get a nice shape when it start to sprout all the new shoots
Cut it back that low? Do I replant the tops too? Really new to stems. I thought I needed to leave them until they reached the surface TBH.

What you have to remember is the new growth will be very small and you want it hidden behind the rocks push the cuttings into the cut stems again to match the hight

What you have to remember is the new growth will be very small and you want it hidden behind the rocks push the cuttings into the cut stems again to match the hight
Sorry Jay you've lost me

When you trim it the new shoot from the nods will be quiet small and will need to grow again so they will be little shoots for a while and that isn't what you want visible cause each time you trim it will do this thats how you get it thick and lush lookin each time you trim one plant turns in to 2 the 4 then then 8 and so on

When you trim it the new shoot from the nods will be quiet small and will need to grow again so they will be little shoots for a while and that isn't what you want visible cause each time you trim it will do this thats how you get it thick and lush lookin each time you trim one plant turns in to 2 the 4 then then 8 and so on
Thanks Jay, I'll give it a good proper trim tomorrow. It's gonna completely disappear behind the wood for a while.

Back