• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ashes Final Test

Just watched that afternoon session down the pub after playing squash - summer holidays are great! :lol: :clap:

aaronnorth said:
I think we have found a replacement for Freddy too :thumbup:

I'm not sure he's quite that good, but if he keeps working at the batting and bowling you never know! He could even be better! Bit of a change from talk of him being dropped before Headingly!!!!

Ed Seeley said:
Just watched that afternoon session down the pub after playing squash - summer holidays are great! :lol: :clap:

aaronnorth said:
I think we have found a replacement for Freddy too :thumbup:

I'm not sure he's quite that good, but if he keeps working at the batting and bowling you never know! He could even be better! Bit of a change from talk of him being dropped before Headingly!!!!

well i cant think of anyone better currently :thumbup: it is always going to be hard to fill a space like that.

EDIT - they avoided the follow on which is a shame, that would have been useful.

not really seeing as batting is only going to get harder with the pitch deteriorating as badly as it is doing!

Just getting better and better at the moment! Just watched Trott and Strauss bat very competently for the first session and now England are piling on a few runs! The Aussies should have over 400 to chase and the best 4th innings total to win a test at the Oval was 269 back in 1902!!! Don't think even the Aussie team of 4 years ago could make that many on this pitch!!!

Ed Seeley said:
Just getting better and better at the moment! Just watched Trott and Strauss bat very competently for the first session and now England are piling on a few runs!

untill prior and flintoff take to the crease. :lol:

The Ashes have to be ours now! Australia have to get 546 to win! No side's got such a total in this country to win a test! Role on a few quick wickets tonight and a few celebratory beers!!!!

Themuleous said:
Whats going on now! 171-2!

Sam

I was a little worried at that point, but it's all good now! Drank far too many beers listening to it today and now going to celebrate! The Ashes are back home, safe and sound for a year and a half! Let's just hope we can put on a better show in Australia next time round than we did last time!!!

Back