• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ASL Lighting

Lisa_Perry75

Hi there,
I'm looking into this lighting solution, does anyone know if the lighting units for this can be used with the interpet power compact lights?
Lisa

I can't answer your question I'm afraid. One thing to check (which put me off buying one of their luminaires when I was looking) is how big the light window in it is - I can't remember the figures, but they were something like a 13" light window in the 24" luminaire - which would give 5.5" on each side dark.

They may work great, perhaps they do something very clever with reflectors, but I didn't like the sound of it.

Good luck with your search for lighting - it is so hard to decide what's best for each tank!

Mark

(Edit: Zig beat me to it. How are you getting on with them Zig?)

Hi,
Yes, there are no limitations to the brand of CF light you may use with the ASL cable socket. Lamp Specs identifies this plug standard as "Compact Fluorescent Long 2G11" (which I had no idea this was the name of the standard). If the bulb has the 4 in-line pin arrangement as shown in the photo below it will work. I use the ASL CF system on my canopy.

The real question is: Why pay £15 for a bulb when you can get them at lamp Specs for 1/3 to 1/2 the price? http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/Light-Bulbs- ... Daylight_8

Cheers,

Lol true about lampspecs, I just wondered. Cool, maybe I should go for it then.

And oh my god tell me about it!!! What lights what lights...

Back