• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Assassin Q- follow on

Nick16

hi, with regards to the current thread on assassin snails... it got me thinking.

i have a juvenile red clawed shrimp (about amano size (the shrimps not the man :lol: ))
i have seen some empty snails shells in my 120L and he is the only thing in there that would attack small snails. therefore i was thinking of putting him in my 240L for a bit (the planted tank). only problem is i have anout 20-30 cherry shrimp and im wondering if he would eat the babies. anyone have any info on these guys. if not hes going back to the shop in exchange for amanos. (he was sold to me as an amano in a bag of 4 amanos (i didnt check :oops: ))

he would deffinately eat your baby cherries, probably even your adults.
I put some baby red claws in a breeding trap then after 2 weeks i put another lot in the same trap and the new lot got eaten and there was maybe 3mm sixe difference in them.
My adult male also took on a 1.5 inch glass shrimp and killed it in one go.

ahh ok , i was right to put him alone in the 28G. he doesnt bother the clown plecs but they give as much as they get!

looks like i will take him back in exchange for some amano's or assassin snails, if the guys remembers our phone call about 3 weeks - 1 month ago!

cheers for the info. i dont really want him to get to adult size as i have heard they are oppotunistic and will 'nip' and sleeping fish or bottom dwellers.

Back