• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

At 4bps my 24oz paintball tank 5 hours/day lasts me 2 weeks, normal?

Arturosito

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I have 1 co2art pro se regulator with a paintball adapter hooked to a 24oz tank. At 4bps for 5 hours/day it lasts 2 weeks. I saw a video of a guy with the same bps for 10 hours a day claiming his 24oz tank lasts him 2 months!:
Is this normal?

That doesn't seem very long at all, although I'm not sure how big 24oz is, i think it's roughly the same as a sodastream canister?

I would check for leaks along the whole system. My initial thought is it must be leaking BEFORE the bubble counter, as for it to be running out so quickly, it must be counting bubbles after the leakage. If it were leaking after the counter, then you'd get your expected lifetime from the canister but less co2 in the tank.
If that makes sense.

Anyway, leak check the whole co2 system.

24 ounces is 680g, which is somewhat larger than the 450g of a Sodastream cylinder.

If that‘s running out in 2 weeks of moderate usage, there’s definitely a leak. And I agree that the leak must be upstream (before) the bubble counter. I’d be checking the regulator, all tube connections, and where the regulator screws onto the cylinder. Moisten everything with a mixture of water and washing-up liquid, and see where it bubbles.

Yes, it is a paintball tank. Problem is I checked for leaks on all connections and cant find any. I put soap on the whole thing on and off. I know what a leak should look like because I've seen them using soap when putting a newly filled tank, then I use a wrench until no bubbl3s come out of the soap. So cant find any leak, this is so strange!

I was thinking about that. I just go to the paintball shop a few blocks from my place to get them refilled. After that the PSI is a little below 1000 which I've read it means full for a 24oz tank.

Back