• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Attaching flame moss

nduli

Hello all, just received 2 pots of 1-2grow flame moss from tropica to attach to some wood. Just wondering what's the best way to go about this. It's in lovely condition in the pot. Do I lie it flat on the wood and wind on the cotton or fishing line or look to just try and tie on 1 end...

Push it all down and around the wood and wrap it with fishing line a few times. When it starts growing trump it repeatedly to cause new growth and bushier shooting. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Push it all down and around the wood and wrap it with fishing line a few times. When it starts growing trump it repeatedly to cause new growth and bushier shooting. :)

Im a bit of a noob to this too. had mine tied down for a few weeks, was just wondering what you meant by "trump it"?

Trump it repeatedly ? Is that an orchestral instruction ? Do you mean cut it back ? Serious question as Im gonna be having moss on my wood too.

I think he means trim it repeatedly. BTW flame moss was one I found never attached to rocks or wood (or at least not well at all) so use something permanent to attach it, not cotton thread.

I think he means trim it repeatedly. BTW flame moss was one I found never attached to rocks or wood (or at least not well at all) so use something permanent to attach it, not cotton thread.

Cool thanks for clearing that up Ed. Which ones will grow fast (compared to others as I know moss is considered slow) AND attach to hardscape ?

Ok guys! Ha! Enough is enough lol

I meant trim.. That was a fatal typo error lol. Trim I meant! Use fishing line as this is permanent! Cotton wool will disappear after time. Flame moss is reasonably fast compared to most mosses but do bare in mind that with no co2 all moss types are slow growers..

Thanks for the correction guys ;)

Cool thanks for clearing that up Ed. Which ones will grow fast (compared to others as I know moss is considered slow) AND attach to hardscape ?

I've found weeping moss much faster growing and good to attach but it's a very different effect to flame moss. Flame moss isn't too bad, as has been said above, with good light, CO2 and ferts.

Back