• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Attaching plants to pebbles...

Ryan Young

Hi,
I am hoping to use pebbles in a aquascape I am planning, I would like to attach some java ferns or maybe anubias to the pebbles but am not sure whether it will work too great as the roots might struggle to attach to the smooth surface of the stone, as I have only attached plants like these to lava rock I am not sure what the odds of it being successful and growing large will be?
If anyone knows if this works on not, let me know.
Thanks Ryan

Even if their roots don't sink into those pebbles, they will thrive. Their only issue is if the rhizome is covered in soil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there and alternative glue to super glue ? The white patches when sub merged are a bit annoying.

Is there and alternative glue to super glue ? The white patches when sub merged are a bit annoying.
Only for a few weeks, it goes away.. :) It overgrows with algae, aufwugs and or mosses.. Also an option is to stick pieces of moss between the glued plantroots. Moss attaches also to the hardscape and also produces a nutrient collecting substrate for the plant. Mosses and epiphytes grow well together.. As you can see in nature, ferns on wood often grow on patches of moss.

I have been tying or glueing Java moss with fern together a while and notice how well they do in combo ,interesting now the moss takes a different look growing at the bottom of the tank than in higher open areas,nice explanation Marcel

I have been tying or glueing Java moss with fern together a while and notice how well they do in combo ,interesting now the moss takes a different look growing at the bottom of the tank than in higher open areas,nice explanation Marcel

Thank you. :) And yes some mosses can look realy good at the lower levels of hardscape at the substrate. I stopped wondering about identifying moss sp. and have to much to say what is what excactly.. So i actualy can't say but only make a wild guess.. I believe this is Peacock, and it realy branches like a feather and looks as if it is a little mini fern itself..
DSCF9610.jpg

It grows on a piece of by now invissible wood and branches out from under a ball of Lomariopsis lineata, its in the far left corner, can't get the camera angle correct to show it the way i see it. I find Javamoss in comparison much less attractive.

Back