• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Auto Dosing Single Soft Tube Holder?

Dan OB

Hello,

I have just brought a D-D P1 single head pump.

And want to set it up to auto dose a all in one fertiliser such as TNC Complete. I have the liquid container but now need to purchase some kind of holder for the tube at the top of my tank.

As my tank is open top does anybody know of a elegant solution for this? i have come across loads of 4 tube holders but i think a single one would look better. (Can't find them sold anywhere, my guess its because they are designed for Marine tank dosing)

Also can the tube be slightly submersed in the water or does it need to be kept complete out and dry? I've not actually seen one of these set up over a open top tank. If anybody can show me an example that would be great!

Cheers
Dan

Tube needs to be out of water as it helps reduce getting mould in tubing etc.

I haven't seen an elegant one for macro and micro dosing and use one of the four tube holders on my 50l open top tank
On my 500l braced tank I use a cut down 2.5ml plastic syringe for my Macro,micro and LC auto dosing and wedge the syringe in the bracing cut outs with the filters intake and output hoses

Could you cut the side that's in the tank so it only just hangs over the inner edge?
Not sure if these ones are glass or acrylic for a clean cut.

Depends on how full you keep you tank, I like my open top water level about 5mm below lip of glass so it would be close and not much of an air gap.

But cutting it may work with suction cups on tubing on back off tank, those glass 'U' fitting come in wide and narrow, wide would be better, could also straighten out the bend a bit by heating the glass bend (at your own risk OFC) heating the cut end up after cutting will lose the sharp edge also

Back