• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Autofeeder for holiday

Harry H

Hi All,

Going to holiday in couple of weeks for 10 days, and I need to get a autofeeder. I dont have have a huge amount of stock in my 40cm cube (60L), 9 neons, 1 Siamese fighter, 3 ottos, 5 amanos and 3 nitrate snails.

I did a quick amazon and found this cheap and cheerful one.

Seems like it could easily do the job, but I wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions what to get.

Cheers.

I used one of these daily (cos couldn't often be a**ed to feed fish !!) for years. Just set on twice a 24 hour period and left alone.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hydor-Ekom...=1531739315&sr=1-1&keywords=hydor+fish+feeder

Has an air intake, from air pump, which keeps the food from going damp and clumping/going mouldy and blocking the outlet. I also taped my container up as splashes from the tank, due to air curtain, settled on underneath of food container, eventually soaking in a clumping the food.

I currently use a modified one of these on my PLC controller so that the controller can feed the fish.

If you require a display there is a more expensive digital one.

I use the Eheim automatic fish feeder, been using it for a year now non stop as I am away from home Monday to Friday and the wife didn’t want to be ‘responsible’ for killing my fish.

Cant complain it has really worked well and still on the original batteries that I put in when I first got it!

Jakes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use the Eheim automatic fish feeder, been using it for a year now non stop as I am away from home Monday to Friday and the wife didn’t want to be ‘responsible’ for killing my fish.

Cant complain it has really worked well and still on the original batteries that I put in when I first got it!

Jakes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This one looks better more suitable, as I dont have an airline to connect to hydor. Found it on amazon, more than double the price as expected :)

If healthy and well fed i wouldn't mind not feeding 3 maybe 4 weeks. Does depend on fishtype and size a bit. In high flow (rivertype setup) they will burn more "fuel" and small fish ( Sundadanio, microrasbora etc) will have less "reserve". A fat angel can probably do without food for 2-3 months. They need to in nature too, low water, much competition can be tough.

Back