• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Automatic top up from mains

Kattis

I'm looking for an automated water top up system that would be possible to be plumbed into mains and ideally would send an alarm to a phone if tank flooded. The system will be set at my place of work so alarm from potential flooding would be very handy indeed as I'm not there during weekends. Any thoughts?

You never want to hook an AUTO TOP OFF to a main water line. To big a risk of failure to shut off. You want to base the size of container that you draw the top off water to the amount of time that you want to fill the container with water.

I use an auto top off right now - it is absolutely wonderful.

I’ve attached 3 photos.

The first two are it in the tank.

The second is the water fill basin behind the wall of the tank (hole cut through).

I also run a doser through that hole.

Go Tunze 3x redundancies for failure. Reefers swear by it. My friend has had his 15 years - no failure.

Josh

Attachments

• D64B96B7-FA22-402C-AAAF-95C2EE7C5E9B.jpeg
    D64B96B7-FA22-402C-AAAF-95C2EE7C5E9B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
  • CDD0BC0C-2386-4943-BA88-1C1AA60181AA.jpeg
    CDD0BC0C-2386-4943-BA88-1C1AA60181AA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
  • A294A1BA-178A-400F-9421-620EE0BF52E9.jpeg
    A294A1BA-178A-400F-9421-620EE0BF52E9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
You never want to hook an AUTO TOP OFF to a main water line. To big a risk of failure to shut off. You want to base the size of container that you draw the top off water to the amount of time that you want to fill the container with water.
It is for rather large system that someday may be part of aquaponic set up (fingers crossed!) at my place of work so unfortunately it has to be plumbed into mains. Flooding is not really a catastrophe as theres a drain on floor but I rather have some warning system in place for that eventuality. I tried asking Tunze if they had anything suitable but they only have acustic signal on their system. Maybe I'll have to do with one without alarm. Any ideas which might be reasonably reliable?

I use an auto top off right now - it is absolutely wonderful.

I’ve attached 3 photos.

The first two are it in the tank.

The second is the water fill basin behind the wall of the tank (hole cut through).

I also run a doser through that hole.

Go Tunze 3x redundancies for failure. Reefers swear by it. My friend has had his 15 years - no failure.

Josh
I had Tunze in mind but they have no option to add remote alarm system. If that doesn't exist then Tunze might be the way forward.

You would be better served by a GHL or Neptune control system which has the ability to add water monitor system and send email messages.

Back