• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Autumn Blush themes.

Mark Evans

Expert
i'm practising different themes for "final layout images" etc etc.

of course this is still in it's early days, but it's giving me a good chance to see how this may pan out....i'm liking the gap i the middle :p ...no foresight there :lol:

anyways, what ya reckon? text and stuff would go at the bottom

layoutideas.jpg

cheers samc. The Ram is a new addition. there's a pair in there. also i've bought some more pencil fish!

real nice ones.

pencil1.jpg

i've seen these things colour up and believe me there stunning!

cant wait for these to go red

_MG_2758-01.jpg

aaronnorth said:
i like your over contrasty and overexposed images but i think it is too much on the 1st pencil fish shot. The tank shot might be a little OTT but i'll sit on the fence with that one :p lol

your right mate, this is a case of practise with flash for me too. although the over exposed background is so typical of amano...you don't want a grey background with a white wall? ;) it is the look i'm after.

so of the main man's work is mega over exposed, i just try to copy 8)

I like the high-key effect, Mark.

It's really punchy and typical of your photography style.

However, I have to agree with Aaron on the 2nd image; it looks a little too overexposed on my monitor and a lot of the finer details have been blown out.

The 'scape is coming along great. I really like it for a few reasons -

1. I'm envious of your over head MH lighting and strobes! :D
2. I know it's going to be very high-impact and effective with the bold combination of textures and colours.
3. Your pruning learning curve will be beneficial dealing with so many stem species.
4. It reminds me of my 60cm English Summer... ;)

I'm not so keen on the fish selection, but it does suit the brave nature of the layout, so kudos for that too.

Keep up the good work. :D

Visually stunning, and those pencil fish are very cool.

Just one thing, is there a reason why the title isn't in the centre?

Or is that the rule of 2/3rd's or 6/8th's. ;)

George Farmer said:
I like the high-key effect, Mark.

It's really punchy and typical of your photography style.

However, I have to agree with Aaron on the 2nd image; it looks a little too overexposed on my monitor and a lot of the finer details have been blown out.

The 'scape is coming along great. I really like it for a few reasons -

2. I know it's going to be very high-impact and effective with the bold combination of textures and colours.
3. Your pruning learning curve will be beneficial dealing with so many stem species.
4. It reminds me of my 60cm English Summer... ;)

I'm not so keen on the fish selection, but it does suit the brave nature of the layout, so kudos for that too.

Keep up the good work. :D

i love georges replies....the greatest critique ever, in the nicest possible way :D

George Farmer said:

true, i lost the detail at shooting time. it was the only shot that looked "almost" right.

George Farmer said:

the MH is great mate, the strobes are there for the borrowing...i said that previously I think. ;)

George Farmer said:
Your pruning learning curve will be beneficial dealing with so many stem species.

a challenge for sure, i've found already 1 or 2 choices may turnout to be wrong, but i'm cool with that.

George Farmer said:
It reminds me of my 60cm English Summer... ;)

not intentional...promise :lol: ....just looked at it....yeah it is similar :oops:

George Farmer said:
I'm not so keen on the fish selection

fish choice has always been a weird thing for me, still a lot for me to learn there.

TDI-line said:
Visually stunning, and those pencil fish are very cool.

Thanks Dan :D

TDI-line said:
Just one thing, is there a reason why the title isn't in the centre?

yes!....laziness! I just literally, throw the layered images togetheri.e logos etc.... consider it a sample image rather than the "final" :lol:

i've just completely messed this post up :? ...i've got quotes within quotes???? just read through it a couple of times, you'll get the jist of it.

i've just checked the first image DATA, and that was taken with MH lighting only, no flash. i took 50/50

Hey all you photo techi guys,these pics look ok to me,but i am so crap at photography its unreal, :lol: :lol:
regards john.

john starkey said:
Hey all you photo techi guys,these pics look ok to me,but i am so crap at photography its unreal, :lol: :lol:
regards john.
I'll give you a crash course tomorrow mate. Maybe Mark will join us at some point too... ;)

Mark - credit's due where credit's due and you're good at what you do. And I'm a poet and didn't know it. :D

George Farmer said:
john starkey said:
regards john.
I'll give you a crash course tomorrow mate. Maybe Mark will join us at some point too... ;)

Mark - credit's due where credit's due and you're good at what you do. And I'm a poet and didn't know it. :D

I think it would be great if all the good photography guys and the guys who want to learn arranged a day or weekend somewhere really nice and scenic to get together,
sorry to highjack your thread mark,

regards john.

john starkey said:
sorry to highjack your thread mark,

no probs.

George Farmer said:
Maybe Mark will join us at some point too... ;)

sadly, actually not sadly as its a charity match for cancer research...i've got a fishing match tomorrow so i cant go. The next outing I'll be there 8)

Back