• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

azoo mignon 60.... how to use it?

timme278

i got one of these filters for my little 3 gallon tank from aquaessentials. thing is, the little motor doesnt have enough power to suck water up the intake tube so i cant get it working.... anyone help please?

thanks

tim

Hmn, interesting. Is your water level high enough? They Mignon usually have a small marker on the side to indicate where the water level needs to be in order to get the syphoning action going.

SteveUK said:
Hmn, interesting. Is your water level high enough? They Mignon usually have a small marker on the side to indicate where the water level needs to be in order to get the syphoning action going.

yes i 1st tried it on the line exactly, then slightly above and neither worked :/

I just remembered that my Mignon 240 (or whatever) has a dial on the top to restrict flow. I pressume, if it has one, that this is set to allow max flow?

Also, check to see if there are any air leaks between the pipes that are out of the water.

I'd also try filling both chambers, but continue to fill it while it's running, to see if you can stimulate it into life!

well ive put it running for 2 mins now, and the water in the inlet pipe is lower than the water level... great :rolleyes:

--edit---

it hasnt spring to life.... i think its just dead

and the impeller vibrates round a little, doesnt go all the way round? hard to explain

and ive emaild and rang aquaessentials and they havent answerd/replyed :bored:

it's working

the guy from aquaessentials emailed me saying "sometimes the impella gets stuck, nock it with something when its on"

thought, sounds dangerous.... lets do it :lol:

took a while of loud noises of the impella eating my tweezers but its working :)

Ace! Rich is usually pretty quick at replying :)

It's a magnetic core which spins on a shaft, so my guess is it might of been bodged slightly during assembly at the factory. Glad it's working :)

thanks so much for your help steveuk, i think you should get some sort of award :p

tim

Back