• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Back in the hobby... due to the lockdown?

kishan313

Hi All,

I’m currently looking to set up a small aquarium now that I am working from home for a foreseeable future. I’ve ordered a custom made 30L nano (pics to be uploaded soon).

My current questions revolve around how high tech I want to go...

Debating on pressurised c02 (cheap eBay job) for my predominantly ‘easy’ category plants.

Also debating on which aqua soil to use!

Thanks
Kishan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back to the hobby and to the forum :thumbup:

Hi @kishan313

Welcome to UKAPS!
Debating on pressurised c02 (cheap eBay job) for my predominantly ‘easy’ category plants.

I'd be very hesitant about buying a 'cheap' pressurised CO2 system from eBay or anywhere else for that matter. The key word is 'pressurised'. I use pressurised CO2 but my gear is made by a reputable German company. Pressurised gas needs to be treated with care. If you have used this kind of equipment before, you will no doubt be wise to all this.

Have you considered this Dutch company...?

https://colombo.nl/plants/co2-systems/

My local MA had one of their CO2 setups on a nano tank and it looked to be very good quality gear. I have to say that I don't own any of their equipment but there may be some Colombo users here on UKAPS. @hogan53 may have a valuable input on this.

JPC

Good point on the c02.

Let me look into that website you shared - thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back