• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Back in the Saddle' 90cm - 1 year on!

Perseverance is the key. Keep at it mate bit by bit it will slowly disappear. Just make it part of your water change routine.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Hi Vito, hows is this one going?

Hey Paulo, to be honest I was a little embarrassed on how the tank was looking so I wanted wait until it recovered but I am happy to report the tank is nearly 100% back on track and the tenellus has grown in the middle and sides and created a new look for the tank at least to my eye anyway, the HC has almost covered the foreground :) To be honest a lot of patience and careful maintenance was required but I feel this tank has come back from the dead so to speak, the HM died off at the bottom much like the HC so that all needed trimming and replanting the cuttings but I can only say that this has been a very forgiving scape and if anything an inspiration to not give up when things go wrong. Anyway I havent got the SLR but here is a pic from my digital camera taken tonight :)

2zfl7o0.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 2zfl7o0.jpg
    2zfl7o0.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 111
Wow nice save!! Love the tenellus it looks great

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Looking good Vito, nice recovery and no need to feel embarrassed, otherwise I wouldn't have posted any of my tanks lolol
How long you planning on keeping this going?

Looks great mate and as said great recovery and I agree think its time for a rescape and a new challenge for u mate you have turned this into a beauty well done

Thanks Dean

Thank guys, I will eventually start again but I am waiting for the carpet to fill in completely on the left and I will attempt one last full tank shot also I havent got any spare cash flow right, I am considering reusing my subsrtate but not sure yet. Anyhow I borrowed my brothers SLR and he gave me a few tips and I have come up with this :)

14ce70p.jpg

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 14ce70p.jpg
    14ce70p.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Just a quick pic update, nothing new to report other than I broke one of the EZ clip off the eheim 2028 and had to order a replacement which took 3 days to arrive so it was lights out and everything off, no adverse effects, only a tiny bit of BGA emerged from the substrate but I cleaned that up as soon as the lights and filter were back in action.
20jlf2x.jpg

Thanks for looking

Vitooooo nice to she you back and this still going :)

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk

Back