• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Backgrounds - what do you have and why?

Little-AL said:
Always gone with black personally - let the contents stand out! Do want to get a sheet of card or something in white to try out once the planting is done!

Thats exactly what I did on my Fluval Ebi, it looks good. And doesn't cost anything. :)

Emyr said:
JohnC said:
is this like the statically attached frosted film from bnQ?

i've got that and find it hellish hard to not get little marks in it from bits of dirt or hair which ruin the clean white finish....

Yes it is more or less the same thing. You just have to make sure the glass is very clean your attaching it onto and do it quickly so no dirt gets onto it. I certainly didn't find it tricky.

Any idea of what background your going to go with Lee?

lol.... not yet.

Seriously.... nothing makes me quite as indecisive as my bloody fish tank :) well actually.... (you see what I did there huh? :) )

I really like the idea of a black background as I think it shows off the vibrant green colours of the plants, especially Anubis and Moss, both of which I really want to get some success with. I also love the deep blues that you see in Marine tanks.... though, my thing about both of them is that they dont look natural.........

That said, I have a 'natural river' look film on the back of my tank now and its just plain boring.

I've just cleaned out my tank and have pulled it away from the wall in order to clean the back wall of it and I have left it away from the wall so i can remove the film....... it's had 24 hrs there and it hasn't move nor has the film!

I have a clear white wall behind...........

Little-AL said:
Always gone with black personally - let the contents stand out! Do want to get a sheet of card or something in white to try out once the planting is done!

Do you normally just paint a peice of card? I'd assume you would use gloss?

Regards

I have a Juwel 3D Background, and have to say was shocked at the quality of it, extremely poor, hard to cut, snaps, and broke in serveral places, to top it of the Juwel Silcone was rubbish. So one to avoid in my book! Though now finished it looks nice!

Back