• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Backgrounds

leemonk

Hey all,

I am going to be 'redoing' my tank shortly (just waiting for all the new bits to turn up). I was wondering what sort of background shows the tank off best.

Probably best to say from the off that I do not want 'NO' background and that I have a Juwel 180 tank.

The substrate is highly likely to be Akadama (or something to that effect).

Please let me know your preferences and pics to support would be awesome (I appreciate the time involved in doing so).

Regards

Lee

Black or white for me, depends on the scape :D

i have a juwel 3d granit rock background at the moment, not filled yet though so dont no if i have made a mistake in buying it.

a1Matt said:
Have currently got a moss wall in place as my background.

Ooooohhhhh...... can you post a pic? I was considering this myself after seeing some Christmas tree moss advertised. Didnt look much further into it than that at the time, so i dont know if it would work or if its suitable.

I wanted my tank to consist of mostly larger leaved plants.... Swords as an example. I am not very good at 'gardening' in the tank, so the fast growing stem plants are not really for me, despite me liking them, as when I try to 'trim' I make a huge mess of both the tank and the substrate.

With that in mind and the fact that I want my Amazons to form my back wall, do you think Black would be best?

If so, I would love to see some pics of your tanks. Also..... is it best to paint it black or buy a black background?

Regards

Lee

ps..... sorry for the delay in my reply. I had completely forgotten about this post.

Back