• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Barb Island. its all over.

Re: Barb Island. DIY new video page 30

ianho said:
what a great video or a even better scape! and you managed to get the music on Ok...

as for the video settings on the camera, i'm sure they mirror your settings in manual mode, i always have my exposure set at low.

have a mess around with it, it should alter the colour rendition a little with the amount of light coming through the lens.

Thanks Ian, long way from getting the crispness of scapes like yours but im pretty happy at the moment. So nice to see how lively the fish are since adding the reactor...they used to be quite shy, now they are always cruisin' about :)

Cheers for the info, i hadnt actually looked around for an answer it was just on the top of my head when typing the post. :oops:

MovieMaker is actually quite enjoyable to use so will play with the camera settings and spam you all with movies.

tim said:
Can't see the vid that reactor looks good easer

cheers tim, bit of a prototype but certain is giving the results i wanted. Will probably do a mark II later in the year that fits inside the cabinet, here a link to the video instead of embedded for you if that helps

finally got to sit and watch the vid mate stunning plants look very healthy pearling away nicely this is a very impressive scape mate and i really like the fish choice how many denisonii did you get in the end stunning fish mate i would kill for a bigger tank think my missus would divorce me though :lol: inspiring stuff mate :thumbup:

cheers tim, ended up with 4 denisonii, they have settled in great. Unfortunately 2 have very slight nips from their tails as they had jumped into the adjoining tiger barb tank so got them for £6.50 each as a deal with my friendly MA.
The barbs are great characters, love their little sparring sessions...

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

Great pics. Such rich reds on those cherry barbs. Photoshop ? If not I would say you have the water conditions spot on :)

I wanna see a FTS with the denisoni :)

thanks chris, no colour enhancement, slight gamma bright change to get rid of reflection. They are very randy today, lots of flaring and chasing so colours are quite strong. Dont know whats going on my house today, the shrimp are randy as well as the clowns in the marine flicking at each other! At least someone is getting some :lol:
Will will try and get some of the denisonii at some point but they are pretty quick and dont hang around
:thumbup:

easerthegeezer said:
thanks chris, no colour enhancement, slight gamma bright change to get rid of reflection. They are very randy today, lots of flaring and chasing so colours are quite strong. Dont know whats going on my house today, the shrimp are randy as well as the clowns in the marine flicking at each other! At least someone is getting some :lol:
Will will try and get some of the denisonii at some point but they are pretty quick and dont hang around :lol:

Well if you have an early night, one way or another you might get some too :lol:

Looking forward to the denisoni pic. FAST shutter speed mate ;) And I MEAN fast !!!

Re: Barb Island. new video page 30

Hi Iain,
just got to watch the video now and the tank is looking outstanding :clap:
Its great to see this tank fully matured now with the tenellus carpet complete, you must be very pleased with how its turned out. The plant choices and fish choices are perfect!
Just one thing.... why have you called it Barb Island??? :lol:
Great stuff mate, the denisonii are a nice addition too.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks ady, its very encouraging to get good feedback, especially from respected members like yourself, makes all the frustration and hard work worthwhile.
I think it needs another month or two to get it where i imagine it, then might do a rearrangement rather than rescape as had an alternative scape that i tossed up with this one at the beginning using the same plants plus a few new ones to grow in for the rescape in the new year.
Now time to get coastal erosion planted up mate :thumbup:

Haha heres some feedback from a non respected member :oops:

Everytime I come round bud your tank is looking better and better ... chuffed your hard work is paying off I reckon this will be the first of many great tanks :thumbup:

easerthegeezer said:
Thanks ady, its very encouraging to get good feedback, especially from respected members like yourself, makes all the frustration and hard work worthwhile.
I think it needs another month or two to get it where i imagine it, then might do a rearrangement rather than rescape as had an alternative scape that i tossed up with this one at the beginning using the same plants plus a few new ones to grow in for the rescape in the new year.
Now time to get coastal erosion planted up mate :thumbup:

Cheers mate but credit where credits due, it's a great looking scape and I know how hard you've worked to get it so :thumbup:
Wanted to order my plants this week but keep changing my mind, don't know whether to keep it simple and in keeping or go a bit eclectic and try a few different plants out :?
Look forward to your rearrangement, although it'll be a shame to take this one down.

somethingfishy said:

Everytime I come round bud your tank is looking better and better ... chuffed your hard work is paying off I reckon this will be the first of many great tanks :thumbup:

:lol: I respect you dude.
Your very lucky being able to see this tank first hand, there's nothing better than seeing in the flesh!

somethingfishy said:

what are you after this time? ;)

Yeah, photos never do any tanks justice no matter how good at photography the person is. Was great to see some tanks at aquatics live in the flesh... did i hear somewhere that mark was taking his tank this year..??

Re: Barb Island. infuriating times!!

Been a tough 2 weeks... following the disaster that was the flood its been 2 weeks trying to dial everything back in. As my housemates panicked, as you would, they unplugged everything and even turned all the co2 knobs. Sure enough after fixing the flood issues BBA showed it ugly bearded head again, so back we go... cut the grass, light raised, liquid carbon dose upped, co2 injection up, flow up and 3 WC a week. This is like deja vu!! Anyhoo i made BBA my bitch and its running scared lol

Tennelus is coming back with avengance, swopped out 1 piece of wood which was annoying me (still wrong), now another piece looks odd as well! So plan to have a day with this tank soon sorting the wood, thinning the bolbitus on the right as it is out of control, trim out some less accessible plants and swop out the stems for something else... just because i can.

terrible out of focus post trim shot :oops: just for my record
IMG_3390.jpg

Bloody annoying :( But you will make it bounce back quick Im sure. The centre piece still looks awesome btw :)

thanks chris, im semi confident im 90% back to where i was co2 wise. Also suffered some crypt melt so will take some time for them to thicken up again, assuming it has stopped now.
Ive also come to the conclusion im not a fan of akadama, it mists the water far too easily when even gently disturbed which of course in turn clogs the mosses up, which seem to have taken a big hit sadly.

quick update after trimming crypts and bolbitus. Left side growth is still lagging compared to the right so am planning on heavily trimming out that side to even it out, i think it is due to sunlight that comes in the window on the right.

IMG_3429.jpg

love this scape, this could be entered into the IAPLC and do really well. Well done mate! :thumbup:

Re: Barb Island.

Hey Iain,
looking good :thumbup:
Like the subtle tweaks to the wood position rear left, adds extra depth :thumbup: not that this tank needs it :lol:
Amazing how much the tenellus has grown back in since the trim, and whats the new addition to the left of centre foreground rock?
Barbs seem present and correct, no issues with jumping Denisonii? and hows the shrimp population with all those barbs, considering cherrys for my tank?
I agree with 'tother' Ian, worthy of iaplc :thumbup:
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back