• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BBA and easy carbo

biffster

i have been told if i paint some easy carbo on BBA
on one of my plants and some rocks a background
it will kill it off is this true or possible

Correct, but be careful some plants melt with excess liquid carbon in the water.

only planning on painting on this one plant and
tank decor i dont use easy carbo on this one
i use it on another tank just wanted to know if it
worked cheers will let you know how i get on :thumbup:

i can second that, it does work on other types of algae as well besides cyano, if you put 2X the does in (for other algae's) but it will also kill riccia BBA needs a higher conc. iv found.

Just for your info I have used Excel to deal with BBA and not had any problems with my plants, however Vallis does not like Excel at all, so it may just be easy carbo that has the issue with Ricca and Anubias.

I wish Excel would kill Ricca because I cant get rid of the stuff even tho I want too, little bits keep popping up here there and everywhere!!

riccia is a pain like that :L, i used 2.5 does of easy carbo and it killed mine off... although saying that the riccia outgrew the death, so never got rid of it fully

riccia is a pain like that :L, i used 2.5 does of easy carbo and it killed mine off... although saying that the riccia outgrew the death, so never got rid of it fully

It drives me mad! When I swapped out my substrate I checked everything to make sure every last bit was gone. 3 weeks later I find a decent size piece in the corner :facepalm:
I got rid of duckweed easily but this Ricca is something else!

how did you get rid of duck weed, i cant seem to shift it, riccia i find easy to rid myself of

you'll probs get a bit with the plants im going to send you :p some are floating in with it :L (its abit leggy as well though)

Back