• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BBA And White Slime?

Tommy

Is this BBA? I also have white slime but I think Ive read it goes away after a few weeks?

IMG_4494.JPG

IMG_4495.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

If this is BBA what is the best way to get rid of it?

Tank has been cycling for two weeks. :)

No not bba.

It’s a bacterial / fungal bloom from the new wood. You can scrub it off and, or shrimp will eat it.

That is good news!

No not bba.

It’s a bacterial / fungal bloom from the new wood. You can scrub it off and, or shrimp will eat it.

That is good news!

I would love to have shrimp in my tank but would they be ok with Boesemani Rainbow fish?

I’ve no. Experience, but amano maybe. Rainbows have small mouths so may be ok.

Nerite Snails (not pest ones) are good for cleaning wood and rocks.

I’ve no. Experience, but amano maybe. Rainbows have small mouths so may be ok.

Nerite Snails (not pest ones) are good for cleaning wood and rocks.

I will ask in the fish section if they are ok together. Nerite snails, do they get out of control?

Nerite snails are ok. You get loads of different sizes and colours. Some with horns on them.

They need salt water to breed so no you won’t be be over run!

Nerite snails are ok. You get loads of different sizes and colours. Some with horns on them.

They need salt water to breed so no you won’t be be over run!

Just had a look on the pro shrimp website, they are cool looking snails might have to get a few of those. Thanks for the suggestion :)

I had the same white slime in the early days of my tank, it all went by itself after a couple of weeks. The Amano Shrimp might have eaten it or the Otos but not while I was looking :rolleyes:
I’d just leave it to do it’s thing.

Nerites will give you hard to remove white eggs on the wood.

People have said that to me in the past. I’ve never had it though. Just the odd one on the substrate. I’m assuming amano shrimp have eaten them?

A good wire toothbrush should do the job?

Never had issues with the snail eggs! I had them in my last tank for 3 years?!

I was under the impression they needed salt water to lay eggs? I could be mistaken though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back