• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BBA, liquid carbon dip

Conort2

Hi,

Hope you’re all good?

I have some Java fern which has some bba on some of the leaves which id like to use in a rescape. I was planning on giving these a dip in a bucket with some liquid carbon to kill the bba.

What strength should the liquid carbon be dosed at and for what duration?

Cheers

Conor

I've used neat Prime in a syringe with a lot of success. Liquid carbon has coincided with me losing corydoras so I don't touch it now - no proof it's the cause but has happened a few times.

Hi,

Hope you’re all good?

I have some Java fern which has some bba on some of the leaves which id like to use in a rescape. I was planning on giving these a dip in a bucket with some liquid carbon to kill the bba.

What strength should the liquid carbon be dosed at and for what duration?

Cheers

Conor
I'll summarize for you. Double dose it. In fact I would even triple dose it and just leave the plant 5 minutes bathing. Then remove. I wouldn't live it longer. Jurijs suggests 24h, I find that excessive in my opinion.

I've used neat Prime in a syringe with a lot of success. Liquid carbon has coincided with me losing corydoras so I don't touch it now - no proof it's the cause but has happened a few times.
Thanks, I would be doing this separately from the main aquarium in a bucket so no risk to the fish.
I'll summarize for you. Double dose it. In fact I would even triple dose it and just leave the plant 5 minutes bathing. Then remove. I wouldn't live it longer. Jurijs suggests 24h, I find that excessive in my opinion.
I think I will go for this, I’m just worried about damaging plants but 5 minutes isn’t a huge amount of time. No way would I go for 24 hours, this stuff is pretty harsh. I have caused damage before when spraying plants with too high a concentration.

I think I will go for this, I’m just worried about damaging plants but 5 minutes isn’t a huge amount of time.
I sent you that video but that's how I normally do it myself. I never leave the plants more than 5-7 minutes in there. After 4-5 days, you will start seeing the BBA turn grey/white. I don't really measure how much product I put. I just give it a few squirts to the bottle and voila!
No way would I go for 24 hours, this stuff is pretty harsh. I have caused damage before when spraying plants with too high a concentration.
Yeah. Not sure why he would recommend that. It's just too much. It will definitely damage plant tissue.

Back