• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BBA/staghorn/thread algae

Hi
I have managed to get rid of the brown algae that was plaguing my tank when i first set up but now im getting BBA on my sand at the front of the tank and staghorn and thread algae on the leaves of my plants, my tank is 6x2x1.6ft, 4000l pump, pressurized laguna 12000 pond filter and pressurized CO2 injection though a home made reactor which doesn't quite fully dissolve the CO2 so im getting micro bubbles. at the moment i have 1 outlet which is pointed diagonally from back left to right front.
would i be right in assuming that these types of algae are mainly due to CO2 and distribution? i have ordered some clear acrylic tube to construct a spraybar and im planning on upping the pump to 6000 im also going to add bio balls to the reactor to hopefully help break the CO2 down.
does this sound like a good plan of action?

cheers, chris

Hi Chris

morefirejules08 said:
would i be right in assuming that these types of algae are mainly due to CO2 and distribution?

That's right :D All 3 of the types of algae you mention are CO2/distribution related.

morefirejules08 said:
does this sound like a good plan of action?
It does :D
You're heading in the right direction :thumbup:

Back