BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING FROM THESE SHOPS

GreenNeedle

Re: BECAREFUL WHEN BUYING FROM THESE SHOPS

I think we can finish this thread though on here. There are numerous long threads of 'bad experience' on other sites that I have been reading for months from these companies and we need not pull UKaps into any problems ;)

AC

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member

SuperColey1 said:
I think we can finish this thread though on here. There are numerous long threads of 'bad experience' on other sites that I have been reading for months from these companies and we need not pull UKaps into any problems ;)
AC
I have heard bad and good things about this company. Some have had good experiences with them and recommend them and others haven't, but this applies to most other companies too.
I have never dealt with any one them, but some friends have and yes they did have problems, but mostly on delivery times and when a refund was asked for it was given (although costumer service is not always up to standards). So if you want things cheaper be prepared to wait a little longer for them.

beeky

JamesM said:
I wouldn't remove anything.

No one has done any wrong doing here, so any threats are empty.

As for rumours, I don't see any here either.

Therefore, I'd agree with Paulo, this is a cut n' paste job. And not very professional imo.
I agree. To my eyes, threats of legal action in these instances is akin to a child having a tantrum because they can't get their own way. Mr Plant Brain has had run ins with that sort of thing from what I remember. And "official" responses should at least go through a spell checker. :lol:

mfcphil

Well after well over a week I am still waiting for my Fluval 305 to be delivered from 1st 4 Aquatics...some times deliveries are slower than others I can accept that...but I have had three unanswered emails where I was asking for updates, which in my book is really bad business.

Joecoral

mfcphil said:
but I have had three unanswered emails where I was asking for updates, which in my book is really bad business.
My experience (not neccessarily with the companies in question) is that emails often do go unanswered, I always prefer to ring the helpline as you can talk to a person and find out there and then whats happening

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member

mfcphil said:
Well after well over a week I am still waiting for my Fluval 305 to be delivered from 1st 4 Aquatics...some times deliveries are slower than others I can accept that...but I have had three unanswered emails where I was asking for updates, which in my book is really bad business.
Yep like I said customer service is not always up to scratch! I had to call these guys about 10 time over two weeks to get a refund for a friend of mine in Portugal, on the emails they say call and speak to this person, then I call and they say you must send an email! LOL all this to buy some more time!!

Dave Spencer

I have found 1st4Aquatics to be a strange company. I placed an order during the height of the busy Christmas period and received the goods the next day! 10/10.

Impressed with this, I placed another order in January, and waited and waited, got a terse reply to an email, and then received the goods after about one month.

Dave.

mfcphil

Well what an experience that was....

I phoned up the 1st 4 Aquatics asking for a refund and was told that I would have to phone after 4 and that I my emails had been replied to, after explaining they had not emailed me I asked for the ladies name, she refused to give me her surname saying it was against company policy....I explained that I wanted the details so I could phone the bank to complain and I wanted to ensure I had all the correct details....she did not like this
She got very upset and started screaming for PAUL to come and deal with me and that she was very* sick of this rubbish* everyday.
Paul then screamed down the phone demanding to know what I had said to upset his senior member of staff, I told him I had asked for a refund, he shouted that I could have my refund and I could shove it up my **** and hung up on me.

So there you go people, this is how to keep your customers happy!!!

They HAVE gave me a refund.

(*EDIT BY ADMIN Keep it clean people, this is a family forum)

gratts

she was very* sick of this rubbish* everyday.
Maybe if they tried a little harder they wouldn't have to deal with 'this rubbish every day! :lol:

Themuleous

Should we leave this alone now? We dont want it to become a slanging match. Everyone seems well aware of the situation now.

Sam

Aeropars

Indeed they are very odd.

I bought my Koralia from them and had an email saying it had been dispatched. 4 days later still no koralia so i emailed them and i got a reply saying they were waiting for a delivery of them... yet i had an email saying it had been dispatched?! Anyhow, a week later and the koralia turned up.

read reports of similar things happening with other users so I wont be using them again simply because i wont take the risk of a bad experience.

Aeropars

Themuleous said:
Should we leave this alone now? We dont want it to become a slanging match. Everyone seems well aware of the situation now.

Sam
this isnt a slanging match. Simply reviewing a trade retailer which is a simple concept and dispite what they may say, is perfectly legal and is in no way a case for a liable prosecution. Its an opinionated thread and in no way are we saying any of this as fact.. simply opinion.

Superman

Whilst I've not had an experience with these shops, I nearly bought some products from them when I was buying equipment. I noticed that there were a lot of websites that looked the same, a bit of digging found that they were trading names of a single company. When there a loads of websites for the same company things dont always stack up. So I decided to buy from somewhere else.

I did the same recently with other shops when I was trying to buy Nature Aquarium Book #1 online and found a few places were trading as. Seen as I couldn't speak to someone in person as the C/O address wouldn't talk about internet orders, I decided not to purchase the goods from there.

Talking in general terms, I think the current economic climate means that us internet shoppers needs to be doubly careful when buying items. I for one wouldn't give £20 to someone in the street for the promise of something in the future without having a relationship with that person.

Whilst many places advertise items much cheaper than the mainstream shops (P@H, MA, AquaJardin, TGM, AE et al), I believe that sometimes its cheap for a reason. In addition, I'd rather pay an extra £x (not too much!) to make sure that I get the item and I'd rather someone I know get the money.

Egmel

Well said Clarke, sometimes the few extra quid is well worth the extra peace of mind and knowing that you're supporting a decent shop. That said, ebay is probably the safest place for bargains right now.