• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Been away. Back again, still a noob and learning

RolyMo

Good evening all.
I have been a member of UKAPS for 5 years, but have been away from the forum for a few years. I have huge respect for the folks here and learnt a great deal the forum's pro's, about subjects such as CO2, flow, and fert's.

Today I decided that I needed to completely start again my 5 year old Rio 180 tank. I drained it, scooped out the sand and old Tropica substrate. Washed it down, and cleaned as best I could.

I then added a peastone base, then a JBL Manzona layer mixed with some ADA I had in the shed. I added some Dragon Stone and planted sparsely some grass and moss. Filled it up with water and presto.

Turned on the fire extinguisher, then the lights shortly after and let the filter clean up the fine dust from the substrate.

Back to the beginning and ready to learn again.
IMG_0669.jpg

Last edited:
Good evening all.
I have been a member of UKAPS for 5 years, but have been away from the forum for a few years. I have huge respect for the folks here and learnt a great deal the forum's pro's, about subjects such as CO2, flow, and fert's.

Today I decided that I needed to completely start again my 5 year old Rio 180 tank. I drained it, scooped out the sand and old Tropica substrate. Washed it down, and cleaned as best I could.

I then added a peastone base, then a JBL Manzona layer mixed with some ADA I had in the shed. I added some Dragon Stone and planted sparsely some grass and moss. Filled it up with water and presto.

Turned on the fire extinguisher, then the lights shortly after and let the filter clean up the fine dust from the substrate.

Back to the beginning and ready to learn again.
View attachment 112427

Welcome back to the habit sorry hobby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back