• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

been out of the game a while... help with lighting!

timme278

Hi everyone :)

So the last proper tank i had was about 4 years ago, and a lot seems to have changed...

I'm wanting to get the old tank out the garage (24"x15"x12" WxHxD)

and last time i had it up i used a hagen glo t5 2x24w
HG13910_50.jpg

one of those ^ but these seem to be no longer available and LED lighting is the new thing

so my question. I'm wanting to set up a high tech tank ish, but not too expensive!
anyone got suggestions or thoughts on this?

I'd like to have a couple of red plants and co2 injection
but im a student so dont overly want to spend more than £80 on lighting![DOUBLEPOST=1402500464][/DOUBLEPOST]another option i thought up was getting a t5 starter kit, and making a DIY thing to have it over the tank with 2x24w bulbs. does anyone know of examples for ideas?

I'd have a look at the TMC range if I was you, a few members use two aquabars with a dimmer which seem pretty good. I've just got the one grobeam on at the moment but I'd only describe it as low to medium light, it's enough to grow my mosses but a double one with a dimmer would be better for you I would imagine. The aquabars are cheaper but I don't think they're much inferior.

Hope this helps a bit, I'm not sponsored by tmc by the way :lol:

Back