• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ben's 8ltr nano "Y Gwyllt"

B7fec

So today as I'm tearing down one scape and waiting for plants etc to arrive I decided to scape out a Betta 8ltr all in one acrylic tank. I thought it would make up a nice shrimp holding tank as I noticed a lot of my shrimp were being eaten by my Harlequins. :? (Didn't know they ate shrimp!)

Anyway from start to finish the tank has taken me around an hour to scape, from smashing some nice Aquajardin rock up to layout to moss stones and done! :thumbup: I was going to plant the scape up with some low light plants however seeing Andy (SuperColey1) had just started a journal on exactly the same tank I quickly decided to go down the moss route and the fact I have a lot of it.

So specs,

Betta Acrylic 8ltr, all in one tank.
Uni- pack Coral sand
Mini Landscape rock
Christmas Moss
Cherry Shrimp

So......a few pics.....
IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

FTS
IMG_0173.jpg

Sitting next to the decommission 90cm......
I need to tidy some of the grains of sand off the rock and moss
IMG_0174.jpg

A Happy Chappy!
IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Hope the photos are ok, I used my iphone for them all....to lazy to get the slr out.

Thanks for looking......comments and all welcome, Ben :thumbup:

The rocks are stunning, love the white streak running through them!

Once that moss fills out I can see this being an absolute belter :thumbup:

twg said:
The rocks are stunning, love the white streak running through them!

Once that moss fills out I can see this being an absolute belter :thumbup:

Thanks twg :thumbup:

BigTom said:
ovely and simple, should turn out great.

Thanks Big Tom :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
Hi Moss man me again!

quality little tank Ben!
:lol: Moss man......that just might 'grow' on me! :lol:
Cheers Mark, it was real hard to scape with it being so small, couldn't get any decent rock work in there as the stones were all to big so out came the hammer! The tank actually looks a lot better in the flesh, I'm really quite pleased with the look, the photos are ever so flat looking! My fault for being lazy and only using my phone!

twg said:
How's this one looking now? 8)

Hi mate,

This is still looking fine, on the verge of closing it down though as I now have tons of shrimplets in there which I need to move into my larger setup. I needed to change the light to an arc pod that I had apart from that all's ok, will post a picture before I close it :thumbup:

Also forgot to mention have got a new 30 cm on the way from TGM.... one of there DOAQUA ones, so got plans for a new nano journal soon.......

Got plenty of Manzi.....

New cabinet from aquajardin......

So just waiting for the tank now....

Good stuff buddy :thumbup:

I really loved the rocks on this one and was curious to see how the moss had bedded in around it all. Could see the potential for an absolute gem.

I've been on the hunt for some Manzi, where did you source yours if you don't mind me asking? I seem to be oggling the Aqua Essentials website on a hourly basis for any new pieces :lol: All the best with the new setup...

Tom

twg said:
Good stuff buddy :thumbup:

I really loved the rocks on this one and was curious to see how the moss had bedded in around it all. Could see the potential for an absolute gem.

I've been on the hunt for some Manzi, where did you source yours if you don't mind me asking? I seem to be oggling the Aqua Essentials website on a hourly basis for any new pieces :lol: All the best with the new setup...

Tom

Cheers mate, the moss has bedded in nice, but the tank is so small the moss soon overun it, so good trimming every few weeks keeps it in check.....

The Manzi I had from Tom Barr and had them shipped from the states. Got 2 massive boxes full! Mainly an investment for future scapes ;)

Back