Bens Dennerle scapers tank

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Ben22, 24 Oct 2013.

1. Ben22

Ben22 Member

Bens Dennerle 50l tank

After a few years with two different types of nano cubes I decided to change to something new, something bigger but keeping the look I already had.
    After some research and looking at various tanks the Dennerle scaper tank came up and looked like a good option so I went for it, but just as the tank option and not the whole kit. First impressions are good I won't be using the glass cover, never have done on these types of tanks.

Future plans are to invest In a external filter, co2 kit is now in place and some sort of carpeting plant will be good.

null_zps7fc84c60.jpg

Stage one was the usual scape, I tried something new and wanted to reuse what I already had.

null_zps05a95cd7.jpg

Third photo isn't amazing but gives you an idea of what it has started to look like. I'll update as soon as the tank has settled.

null_zps00ef7166.jpg

MirandaB, Ben C, LondonDragon and 2 others like this.
  2. Ben22

Ben22 Member

Small update after reading a journal on ukaps it mentioned positioning the diffuser opposite side of the filter to optimise the co2 delusion. So far so good and plants have responded well.

null_zps455f42b1.jpg

I'm looking at a new filter but have been advised by a friend to buy a external filter but any recommendations would be great.

LondonDragon likes this.
  3. aliclarke86

aliclarke86 Member

You can pick up a jbl crystal profi e700 for a good price now and they are rock solid

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

4. Ben22

Ben22 Member

Small update

I have now gone and got an external filter the eheim 2215. And had a small move about.

dyze5u7u.jpg

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

5. Ben22

Ben22 Member

Also done a wabikusa this is the second attempt but it's still an experiment sutatume.jpg

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Greenfinger2 and EnderUK like this.
  6. Lindy

Lindy Forum Moderator Staff Member

Aren't wabikusas emersed?

tim likes this.
  7. .matt.

.matt. Newly Registered

hey ben, great tank

would you mind telling me what led lights your using and if they have been sufficient for growing the plants in your tank ?

Also, how loud are you finding your filter ?

8. Greenfinger2

Greenfinger2 Member

Hi Motionless, Fab little Scape:rolleyes::rolleyes: I think you have done a "Biosphere" not a "Wabi Kusa" ;)

9. Voytek

Voytek Member

Hi,

Could you tell me how much soil did you use for this tank ?

Tags: