• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bens Dennerle scapers tank

Ben22

Bens Dennerle 50l tank

After a few years with two different types of nano cubes I decided to change to something new, something bigger but keeping the look I already had.
After some research and looking at various tanks the Dennerle scaper tank came up and looked like a good option so I went for it, but just as the tank option and not the whole kit. First impressions are good I won't be using the glass cover, never have done on these types of tanks.

Future plans are to invest In a external filter, co2 kit is now in place and some sort of carpeting plant will be good.

null_zps7fc84c60.jpg

Stage one was the usual scape, I tried something new and wanted to reuse what I already had.

null_zps05a95cd7.jpg

Third photo isn't amazing but gives you an idea of what it has started to look like. I'll update as soon as the tank has settled.

null_zps00ef7166.jpg

Small update after reading a journal on ukaps it mentioned positioning the diffuser opposite side of the filter to optimise the co2 delusion. So far so good and plants have responded well.

null_zps455f42b1.jpg

I'm looking at a new filter but have been advised by a friend to buy a external filter but any recommendations would be great.

You can pick up a jbl crystal profi e700 for a good price now and they are rock solid

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hey ben, great tank

would you mind telling me what led lights your using and if they have been sufficient for growing the plants in your tank ?

Also, how loud are you finding your filter ?

Hi,

Could you tell me how much soil did you use for this tank ?

Back