• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best Aquarium Fish Retailers

CJM70

Okay everyone so this is my first real post on here other than comments on other peoples threads, and it’s quite an important question to me because from what I have found we seem to be starved of decent livestock retailers in my area, which is near Brighton in Sussex.

So my question is, can anyone in my area or anyone who has been to my area, tell me where all the decent places are for a good choice of fish, not just a bog standard guppies platies neon tetras et cetera.

So my question is, can anyone in my area or anyone who has been to my area, tell me where all the decent places are for a good choice of fish, not just a bog standard guppies platies neon tetras et cetera.

I do like some of the rarer fish, but I don’t have to fill my tank with just rare fish. For example I do love some of the good old favourites too, like apistogrammas, smaller South American tetras, corydoras, bn’s…

I am based just outside of Brighton in Sussex, but I don’t mind a bit of a drive, sometimes it’s nice to have a day trip. Looking forward to all your replies and creating a good list of places to visit. Thanks.

The Trop Co
Bourne Valley Fish Farm
Hamptons Road
Hadlow
Tonbridge
Kent
TN11 9RG

worth the trip, they supply quite a lot of london shops wholesale.

The fish barn in Crawley isn’t far from you, they get quite a lot of rare South American species in however their all round range of stock is good and they cater for everyone.

Cheers
Ahh, great thanks. I’m actually going up in that area over the weekend to visit relatives so I will give that a check out whilst I am there. I particularly like the American spaces so it sounds just like my cup of tea; thanks for the tip.

As already suggested above The Fish Barn in Crawley is top notch. The bloke who runs it (Elliot) is a nice enough fella and he has been able to get hold of some rare SA fish over the years for me but they generally stock a wide range of freshwater fish

Yeah I get a lot of my fish at the Fish Barn, went for a second time last week and they are really lovely, knowledgeable and reasonably priced, it's nice just to chat to them. They also get in some lovely rarer echinodorus and other plants. Usually they can get in the fish you want too if they don't already have them, even quite rare ones (last time he was tempting me with some lovely dicrossus foirni on their list). Never seen a dead or sick fish in any of their tanks - something I can't say for any other shop I've visited, super healthy and well cared for.

I have tried ehsa. Nt labs and tetra treatments. It keeps comming back

Attachments

• 20211216_130904.jpg
    20211216_130904.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 91
Back