• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best carpeting plant to mix with dwarf saggitaria?

Gaina

Hi All,

My tank is coming along nicely, but I need some ideas for small carpet plants I can grow in the bare patches between my dwarf saggitaria. I have hornwort and frogbit floating on the surface, so I'm looking for something that likes dappled light.

I'm using fertiliser but no Co2, my water temp is 26.5c, 8-9Gh and my ph 7.5.

All suggestions gratefully received! :)

Depends what kinda look and contrasts you are after. And carpeting in low energy is tricky and not always that easy, usually a very time-consuming issue.

Carpeting plant sp. that could do good in low energy are

Indeed Lileaopsis brasiliensis
Hair gras - Eleocharis acicularis
Chain Sword - Helanthium tenellum, but then the HT parvullum or the HT green cultivar from Tropica. The South American var. from this plant is more difficult.
And Micranthemum monte carlo

Depending on the parameters provided they might survive but take a long time to establish and spread. But I've grown all of them in extreme low light conditions.

Depends what kinda look and contrasts you are after. And carpeting in low energy is tricky and not always that easy, usually a very time-consuming issue.

Carpeting plant sp. that could do good in low energy are

Indeed Lileaopsis brasiliensis
Hair gras - Eleocharis acicularis
Chain Sword - Helanthium tenellum, but then the HT parvullum or the HT green cultivar from Tropica. The South American var. from this plant is more difficult.
And Micranthemum monte carlo

Depending on the parameters provided they might survive but take a long time to establish and spread. But I've grown all of them in extreme low light conditions.

I was looking for a contrasting texture if possible, so I'll have a look at monte carlo, thanks.

Back